Need help finding a book about a boat trip through France

(7 Posts)
snowgirl1 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:41:14

I've read a book about an advertising exec who had enough of working long hours and not seeing his young family and decided to give it all up to sail through France (north to south finishing in the Rhone out onto the Med) on a wooden boat that he'd spend years renovating. The husband and wife wrote alternate chapters.

My brother and wife have recently bought a wooden sailing boat which is moored in the Med and plans to sail it through the canals from south to north. I'd like to buy the book for them, but I haven't kept it and can't remember what it was called.

Does the description ring any bells with anyone? Or have any clues how I could find it? I've tried searching Amazon to no avail.

Cockadoodledooo Sun 16-Feb-14 22:02:53

Is it this one?

Sounds like an amazing adventure. Not sure I could just give everything up and bog off around the world for 36 years like they did though!

Selks Sun 16-Feb-14 22:08:13
Selks Sun 16-Feb-14 22:09:47
florencedombey Sun 16-Feb-14 22:13:51

It's the third one - I've read it! The Horners have a website with pics of their trip and their children. If you google their names, it'll come up.

snowgirl1 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:24:34

Oh you guys are AMAZING! It is the one about the Horners that I was looking for - thank you, thank you thanks. But the other books sound good too.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Tue 27-May-14 18:11:38

I read that a few years ago, it's an interesting read.

Have you read One Summer's Grace by Libby Purves? They sailed around the coast of Britain with their children aged about 3 and 5. A fascinating read, not only for the details about the coastline and ports, but also about families and relationships.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now