Translation Of A Poem

(14 Posts)
TraceyinTF Fri 11-Jan-13 09:27:55

Thanks Isa2

lsa2 Tue 08-Jan-13 18:13:38

Hi, so sorry but no I haven't had any luck so far, I can't
believe none of us can track it down! If I ever do hear back from Alex Jones I will come back on the thread.

TraceyinTF Tue 08-Jan-13 05:39:48

Hi there, I am after this too, and i too have trailed the internet for it - any luck???

Wardy66 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:31:54

I also read about this poem and would love to get a translation. Let me know if you get any news will you please. Thanks

lsa2 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:18:16

Hi ddon, I have emailed Alex Jones (could only find The One Show email address so am a bit worried it will get lost in the thousands of others that
I expect she receives) but have had no reply back as yet. If I hear anything I will post back on here to let you know. .

ddon Fri 28-Dec-12 14:27:04

hello lsa2
I read your message . I also read the mail interview and thought i would like the poem in english for my wife. Did you have any joy in getting it translated to english? thanks ddon

lsa2 Tue 11-Dec-12 20:00:06

Yes that's a good idea, I will email her now. If I ever manage to find anything out I will come back on and tell you!

ElenaGaleza47 Mon 10-Dec-12 23:51:11

I saw the reference to this poem too, and would also like to read it either in Welsh or preferably in English . Perhaps an e-mail to Alex Jones at the One Show/BBC could solve the mystery ??

lsa2 Mon 10-Dec-12 16:45:17

That's so kind of you DI thank you, sorry to be so vague about everything but
I haven't actually seen the poem yet. When I read what AJ said about
it I thought it might be perfect to give to a friend who has elderly parents
who are going through a difficult time at the moment, and as she named
it as her favourite poem I thought it might be a particularly good one. I have tried to look for it again this afternoon by putting in every permutation I can think of into Google but I can't see anything.

DIWhy Mon 10-Dec-12 15:59:13

Hi Isa, it does translate to Hold My Hand but I don't know the poem & can't find it online. Is it a long one? If you type it out I can give you a (rough) translation but don't expect me to do rhymes or anything!

lsa2 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:11:08

Sorry for late reply, thank you very much for the messages. I don't know who
the poem is by, I read in a magazine on Saturday someone (Alex Jones) saying it was her favourite poem and that it is about an elderly couple facing the end of their lives together, I think it may translate into Hold My Hand but I am not sure. I did try Google Translate but I couldn't seem to get anything up about the poem and was unable to find out any more information about it.

Pitufina Sun 09-Dec-12 15:22:49

who's it written by?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 09-Dec-12 14:43:18

Have you tried Google translate? It may be a little rough, but you might be able to tidy it up a bit.

lsa2 Sat 08-Dec-12 19:23:17

Could anyone help me find a translation of a Welsh poem,
Dal Fy Llaw, into English please? I read about it today and would
like to give it to a friend but cannot find an English translation
anywhere on the internet but am not sure if I've been looking in
the right places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now