(14 Posts)
lsa2 Sat 08-Dec-12 19:23:17

Could anyone help me find a translation of a Welsh poem,
Dal Fy Llaw, into English please? I read about it today and would
like to give it to a friend but cannot find an English translation
anywhere on the internet but am not sure if I've been looking in
the right places.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 09-Dec-12 14:43:18

Have you tried Google translate? It may be a little rough, but you might be able to tidy it up a bit.

Pitufina Sun 09-Dec-12 15:22:49

who's it written by?

lsa2 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:11:08

Sorry for late reply, thank you very much for the messages. I don't know who
the poem is by, I read in a magazine on Saturday someone (Alex Jones) saying it was her favourite poem and that it is about an elderly couple facing the end of their lives together, I think it may translate into Hold My Hand but I am not sure. I did try Google Translate but I couldn't seem to get anything up about the poem and was unable to find out any more information about it.

DIWhy Mon 10-Dec-12 15:59:13

Hi Isa, it does translate to Hold My Hand but I don't know the poem & can't find it online. Is it a long one? If you type it out I can give you a (rough) translation but don't expect me to do rhymes or anything!

lsa2 Mon 10-Dec-12 16:45:17

That's so kind of you DI thank you, sorry to be so vague about everything but
I haven't actually seen the poem yet. When I read what AJ said about
it I thought it might be perfect to give to a friend who has elderly parents
who are going through a difficult time at the moment, and as she named
it as her favourite poem I thought it might be a particularly good one. I have tried to look for it again this afternoon by putting in every permutation I can think of into Google but I can't see anything.

ElenaGaleza47 Mon 10-Dec-12 23:51:11

I saw the reference to this poem too, and would also like to read it either in Welsh or preferably in English . Perhaps an e-mail to Alex Jones at the One Show/BBC could solve the mystery ??

lsa2 Tue 11-Dec-12 20:00:06

Yes that's a good idea, I will email her now. If I ever manage to find anything out I will come back on and tell you!

ddon Fri 28-Dec-12 14:27:04

hello lsa2
I read your message . I also read the mail interview and thought i would like the poem in english for my wife. Did you have any joy in getting it translated to english? thanks ddon

lsa2 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:18:16

Hi ddon, I have emailed Alex Jones (could only find The One Show email address so am a bit worried it will get lost in the thousands of others that
I expect she receives) but have had no reply back as yet. If I hear anything I will post back on here to let you know. .

Wardy66 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:31:54

I also read about this poem and would love to get a translation. Let me know if you get any news will you please. Thanks

TraceyinTF Tue 08-Jan-13 05:39:48

Hi there, I am after this too, and i too have trailed the internet for it - any luck???

lsa2 Tue 08-Jan-13 18:13:38

Hi, so sorry but no I haven't had any luck so far, I can't
believe none of us can track it down! If I ever do hear back from Alex Jones I will come back on the thread.

TraceyinTF Fri 11-Jan-13 09:27:55

Thanks Isa2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now