Morocco Non-Fiction

(4 Posts)
TheWave Thu 29-Nov-12 11:43:49

When we went I read A Year in Casablanca by Shah and A Year in Marrakesh by Mayne

The first one is very good and about life now, the contrasts between here and getting things done in a different culture, quite funny. Can't see on Amazon, but worth making the effort to get.

The second is more about the 1950s when the author went, but still really interesting and a good read, also recommend.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 23-Nov-12 19:35:46

..choices

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 23-Nov-12 19:35:35

Michael palin had a spell in Morocco as part of Sahara I think - but that might not be specific enough. Have you got your guide book yet? Both rough guide and lonely planet usually suggest wider reading ch

Haarlemmer Fri 23-Nov-12 09:56:38

Holiday planned for Morocco next year and would like to get DH (and myself!) some books for Christmas with this as a theme.

I've posted this question in fiction as well - but we're also interested in politics, history, art or culture that would give us more of a feel and understanding for Morocco. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now