Good Books on Parenting / Children

(3 Posts)
pinkposey Mon 26-Mar-12 14:28:07

I read some recommendations on MN for the book Playful Parenting which I'm half way through and enjoying. I'd like some other recommendations for interesting / inspirational books on parenting / children please... Do you have any favorites? Thank you! Oh, and my son is 15 months but I don't mind reading books on older. I have the What to expect books, but I don't have many others.

JeanBodel Mon 26-Mar-12 14:38:50
Gilberte Thu 29-Mar-12 19:49:35

I love Playful Parenting. I also like How to Talk.

I'm in awe of the parenting talked about in the book Raising Your Children Raising Yourselves by Naomi Aldort- and see it as some sort of ideal- it's very zen in its approach. The author's credentials have been discredited recently but that hasn't put me off. Some of the content is excellent.

I also like Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka (if you have one of those) and just finished When Children Push Your Buttons- Bonnie Harris (save this for when yours turns 3/4 and can argue with you about everything and anything).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now