What to read next after finishing The Midwife Trilogy?

(8 Posts)
Boomerwang Fri 18-Jan-13 18:45:56

Thanks for the tip, just downloaded the kindle version of the triple pack.

justine09x Tue 19-Jun-12 20:08:16

I have all the midwifery books, 'twelve babies on a bike' is really good if a little bit shorted than the Jenny Worth ones and there are a couple of others along the same lines if u look on amazon xxx

mumnosbest Mon 18-Jun-12 23:04:29

'yes sister, no sister' by another jennifer i think. a trainee nurse in leeds in the 50s. similarly written but better i thought.

just finished 'in the midst of life' jennifer worth. excellent book covering later years as a nurse and ward sister working with the old and dying. sounds morbid but really good and same qriting style just different topic. her most recent book i think.

you might also like'what's tha up to? memories of a yorkshire bobby' martyn johnson

CherryMonstersUnderTheBed Tue 26-Oct-10 22:22:48

not recently, but i have read these too, fabulous books, and an excellent insight into how life used to be

elkiedee Tue 21-Sep-10 11:46:32

I loved Jennifer Worth's books too, especially first and last.

I haven't read it but there's a memoir of a health visitor which I bought a few months ago, will look out title for you tonight.

Gilda O'Neill has written non fiction about the East End too.

mightyoak Tue 14-Sep-10 21:39:27

Jennifer Worth wrote it about her time as a midwife in the East End of London in the 1950s.
Really interesting seeing how much things have changed in the past 60 years!

The Midwife Trilogy

bumbums Tue 14-Sep-10 20:24:51

Who wrote the Midwife Trilogy? Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Could you tell me about it please?

mightyoak Tue 14-Sep-10 12:52:26

Have just finished reading the Midwife Trilogy and absolutely loved it - I feel like a close friend has gone away now I have finished it I am really missing it!

Can anyone recommend a good book for me along similar lines?

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now