Recommend some nice, easy fantasy reads please

(28 Posts)
ThePowerOfMe Tue 29-Apr-14 22:35:05

I used to love reading fantasy as a teenager. I particularly loved The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
I seem to have been reading a lot of thrillers recently and am a bit fed up of them. So, any easy fantasy books to get into?

(I have an 18 month old that is a v bad sleeper so I'm constantly tired. Needs to be a book that's easy to pick up please!)

anyoldnamewilldo Sun 11-May-14 20:43:56

I also would recommend Raymond E Feists The Magician and also the follow on books especially The Empire series. I keep going back to them every couple of years.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is one of my favourite series of books of all time.

Watching with interest for my next read!

The Chronicles of King Rolens Kin is very very easy to get into, not heavy but still an enjoyable plot and good characters. The violence isn't too graphic either which can be a welcome relief from other fantasy books Game of Thrones I'm looking at you

Oh and Joe Abercrombie writes great fantasy set in a pseudo medieval type world with some cracking good dark humour. Start with the First Law Trilogy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now