Would anyone be able to name this book?

(7 Posts)
AndiRee Mon 28-Apr-14 22:38:07

I recently borrowed from the library a very moving fiction book about a 30 something marketing career woman diagnosed with a brain tumor, has a on-off boyfriend, and a younger sister who runs her own restaurant.

As the tumor increases in size and her diagnosis becomes terminal she decides to start writing after refusing more treatment. She moves back home, leaves her job and writes how she wishes her life could have been. As she writes about her hopes and dreams, fiction becomes reality. In her dream world there is a "shop keeper" that supports her and steers what's left of her life in particular directions. One of the final lines in the book was that she met up with the shop keeper to close her account.

The author is female and I remember reading that her son had a brain tumor and she used his/their experiences in the book.

The book is amazing and heart wrenching but also positive, but I stupidly now cannot recall either the title or author and it is driving me crazy!

Can anyone help?

GarlicAprilShowers Tue 29-Apr-14 02:30:24

Nope, sorry - but the library will know what you borrowed!

DuchessofMalfi Tue 29-Apr-14 06:29:08

Log onto your library's website and have a look at your borrowing record - that should give you the details. Failing that, ask in the library.

And let this be a lesson - keep a record of everything you read in a book or on Goodreads smile Good luck.

Gremlingirl Tue 29-Apr-14 06:33:27

Sorry, no help, but it sounds like a really good book. I hope you find out.

AndiRee Tue 29-Apr-14 22:03:18

Thank you all. I don't have (forgotten!) a pin number for my library card so cannot access my account. I will sort that out the next time i'm at the library. I have never considered that they could run a list for me. Duh!

Once I get this information, I will post the author and title as I can definitely recommend it.

Readingismysaviour Tue 29-Apr-14 22:12:31

I think the book you mean is Another Way to Fall by Amanda Brooke. I read it from my library recently xxx

AndiRee Wed 30-Apr-14 13:09:01

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes that's the one. Amazing story, beautifully written.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now