Anyone read new Charlie Parker 'wolf in winter'

(7 Posts)
dingalong Thu 24-Apr-14 15:59:42

Loved the new one, didn't expect what happened !

I was away with friends & family and kept sneaking out my book. Now waiting for next one !

justkeeponsmiling Thu 24-Apr-14 16:42:42

Gaaah! Had to go and download it onto my kindle as soon as I read your title! even though I really can't afford to buy anymore books Note to self: must stop to read this section of mn as I have zero self control!
Off to read now, thanks for the tip smile

LaQueenOfTheSpring Thu 24-Apr-14 17:15:13

Yes. I love the Charlie Parker books...but I was pretty underwhelmed with this one sad

I don't feel it moved his story on at all, very much - and too much emphasis on Louis and Angel.

DoctorTwo Thu 24-Apr-14 18:21:52

I've read the first eight chapters. So far it's interesting, will probably read half the book tomorrow after work.

dingalong Thu 24-Apr-14 19:35:50

Don't want to give anything away so ! But thought it changed a lot for him & brought together a lot of loose alliances.

DoctorTwo Sat 03-May-14 09:59:57

I've just read the second half of the book in one sitting. It is now my favourite in the series, replacing The Black Angel at the top of the pile. The heavy involvement of Louis and Angel was entirely necessary given how the plot developed and the way they reacted was completely in character. There is one alliance I didn't expect...

ZacharyQuack Wed 07-May-14 03:17:05

I haven't read it yet, but I love Charlie Parker and love Louis and Angel, so any book that features L&A "too much" has got to be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now