a death in the family - karl ove knausgaard

(6 Posts)
maillotjaune Sun 04-May-14 09:38:40

No idea, sorry, not sure I will finish part one for a while. I think I'll continue to dip onto it occasionally and reminisce about the music he (and I) listened to but I'm not desperate to know what happens next...

bebumba Fri 02-May-14 21:24:27

Just pondering whether to start part 2. Should I?

maillotjaune Tue 29-Apr-14 18:28:29

Erm, not sure (glances at discarded copy on bedside table)...

I read a bit more this week - I think I will continue to dip into it from time to time.

hotcrossmums Thu 24-Apr-14 11:56:17

i put it to one side....... how was it?

maillotjaune Mon 21-Apr-14 23:05:11

Just seen this after a break from mn to read more!

I am stuck about 1/3 of the way through - I am enjoying the trip down memory lane (reading Dracula, listening to Echo and the Bunnymen etc) but I thought a lot of the teenage boys I knew were idiots and he's not doing anything to dispel that idea.

How far through are you? Haven't reached the death yet and I think it might improve after that...

hotcrossmums Tue 01-Apr-14 14:05:11

anyone else reading this? I am half way through.. I picked it out cos the Guardian review said it was the best thing in ages and it has such good reviews from a whole plethora of international critics. It is certainly great in terms of taking you back to the 90s (albeit a Norwegian 90s!). What are your thoughts....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now