Wild Swans by Jung Chang £2.00 on Kindle

(9 Posts)
NadiaWadia Fri 07-Mar-14 13:21:14

As above, not sure how long this price will last. It's quite a long book, IIRC, so good value!

A modern classic, I think. I first read it back in the 80s but borrowed from a friend, so I will be getting this.

JeanSeberg Fri 07-Mar-14 14:48:08

I rang this on long train journeys when back packing in China in the early 90s - loads of time to get through books like this then! I would love to re-read too Nadia.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Fri 07-Mar-14 14:58:57

Fantastic book - highly recommend.

JeanSeberg Fri 07-Mar-14 15:01:12

rang? read!

Amazing book - one of my all time favourites.

Urgh. I couldn't read this. I thought it was really badly written and boring. I gave up after about 200 pages.

DuchessofMalfi Fri 07-Mar-14 22:45:34

I couldn't get into it either and gave up around the same point, Remus. Have kept it though, meaning to try again some day. Maybe.

Glad it's not just me! Dp loved it but it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't moved by it because I was too busy being annoyed by it.

AnneWentworth Mon 10-Mar-14 22:16:24

I loved it. I met her recently and she signed my copy. That's what I miss with my kindle. However for £2 I am contemplating purchasing - assuming it is still that price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now