book recommendations

(6 Posts)
walterwhiteswife Tue 14-Jan-14 08:20:36

ooh ty guyssmile

whatwoulddexterdo Sat 11-Jan-14 16:52:45

Suzanne bulger, elizabeh haynes, Sam hayes, charity norman

These are authors I have recently enjoyed.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 11-Jan-14 16:48:43

Thrillers - how about Belinda Bauer's novels - Blacklands, Dark Side and Finders Keepers. A trilogy - must be read in that order. I made the mistake of reading Dark Side first, not realising it was the second in a trilogy so kind of spoilt the ending of Blacklands which is, I think, one of the best thrillers I've read in a long time.

Have you read The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/J K Rowling? I read it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

You might like Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan also - a novel set in the 1970s - cold war/spy story. Very good, with excellent twist at the end.

Room by Emma Donoghue? It's a quick read, because you won't want to put it down.

The Night Circua by Erin Morgenstern - quirky and beautifully written, but a slightly disappointing ending. Still worth a read though - it's unforgettable.

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid - very short novel, but so good - builds up the tension very slowly. I loved it.

Maybe the Katie Mcguire (sp) books by Graham Masterton? Pretty cheap on Kindle.

walterwhiteswife Sat 11-Jan-14 15:33:47

Anyone?

walterwhiteswife Sat 11-Jan-14 08:16:48

has anyone got any suggestions? love thrillers and crime novels. also liked jojo moyes and Dorothy koomson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now