Psychological Thrillers - recommendations please

(10 Posts)
motherinferior Thu 09-Jan-14 15:29:44

Nicci French's Frieda Klein series (new one out soon); and Kate Rhodes' books Crossbones Yard and A Killing of Angels.

Clawdy Thu 09-Jan-14 15:27:03

The Burning Air - Erin Kelly.
Until You're Mine - Samantha Heyes.

MerlinFromCamelot Wed 08-Jan-14 19:11:29

Second The poison tree & Black is the colour.

Also like In to the darkest corner - Elizabeth Hayes.

GypsyJo Tue 07-Jan-14 15:47:50

Black is the colour by Helen Howe, A fatal inversion by Barbara Vine, the poison tree by Erin Kelly.
Read all these last year and they were brilliant page turners.

SarahAndFuckTheResolutions Tue 07-Jan-14 14:56:20

I loved The Magpies and enjoyed Before I Go To Sleep.

How To Be A Good Wife by Emma Chapman was very good, as was Disappear by Ian Edward Henn.

You might enjoy Who Is Sarah Lawson by KJ Rabane, it's about a woman who returns home from work to find a strange family in her house, claiming that they have lived there for months and that she now lives elsewhere. They insist she is not who she claims to be and that all her memories are false and she has to hire a private investigator to find out the truth.

Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach was good but I wanted the end to be different, it wasn't as strong as the rest of the book.

normalishdude Mon 06-Jan-14 19:20:23

Harlen Coben, Nikki French- both good writers. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn is terrific.

SaltySeaBird Mon 06-Jan-14 16:35:22

I've seen the film The Prestige (great film) so not sure I fancy reading the book.

I've read Hannibal but didn't really like it, not really my sort of thing.

Tidleline sounds good, have purchased for my Kindle.

Anybody else have any recommendations?

MerlinFromCamelot Mon 06-Jan-14 14:58:28

Tideline - Penny Hancock

CoteDAzur Mon 06-Jan-14 14:07:42

The Prestige
Hannibal books

SaltySeaBird Mon 06-Jan-14 13:59:00

I'm almost at the end of The Magpies by Mark Edwards which has been a real page turner!

Prior to reading this I read Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes which I couldn't down. I've also recently read two of her other books which were good (but not quite as good as Into the Darkest Corner).

Also really like Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson which I read just before Christmas.

Can anyone recommend other similar books?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now