Need help with book author?

(6 Posts)
MaybesAye Wed 08-Jan-14 16:30:44

That's good to know. Ordered it too and I really like the author's writing style. Would be interested in any other recommendations of a similar genre/style..

OverAndAbove Tue 07-Jan-14 21:13:18

Oh it's brilliant (and instantly recognisable from your précis!) I also enjoyed "The Misinterpretations of Tara Jupp" which follows some of te same characters, with some new ones

TunipTheUnconquerable Sat 04-Jan-14 21:44:34

smile

It's on my list to read but I haven't got round to it yet. Clearly I should!

MaybesAye Sat 04-Jan-14 21:35:52

Yes! Thank you so much! I really enjoyed it and was hoping the author had written more. Have now re-ordered it from Amazon.

TunipTheUnconquerable Sat 04-Jan-14 21:08:26

Is it The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice?

MaybesAye Sat 04-Jan-14 21:07:00

Really hoping someone can remember the author and title of this book I read about 5-6 years ago that I really enjoyed and want to read again..not good that I can't remember the author....set in 1950's London and the home counties, upper crust, landed estate but impoverished. Young girl with a younger brother away at school meets a random looking (but prob top drawer too) girls at a bus stop wearing a fur coat. Crumbling ancestral pile, brother called Inigo...? Mummy all about appearances..anyone....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now