Donna Tartt's Goldfinch £1.99 on Kindle

(22 Posts)

Saving of £18 on purchase price. Bargaintastic!

wiltingfast Fri 03-Jan-14 21:25:35

Omg you are a STAR!

That's another book in my kindle pile grin

SongYee Fri 03-Jan-14 22:21:18

Almost finished this. Am completely engrossed. Donna Tartt's writing is breathtaking.

notnowImreading Fri 03-Jan-14 22:23:30

Oh bollocks. Just spent £14.99 on the hardback. And I fell asleep reading it last night and it fell on my face and hurt my nose. Kindle always do this to me. They're taking the piss.

I bought it the other day (DP bought me the hardback for Christmas but it's too heavy!) on kindle.

I'm well over halfway through and absolutely loving it. Agree that Donna Tartt is a beautiful writer. Even though I didn't finish The Little Friend .

SongYee Fri 03-Jan-14 22:29:18

The Little Friend is one of my favourite books ever, just loved the tense, close atmosphere she builds up slowly to the disturbing climax. And Harriet was such a cool protagonist - all fierce and brave and scabby-kneed.. It definitely seems to be a love/hate book though.

I couldn't get into The Little Friend but loved, loved, loved A Secret History. Apparently Goldfinch is better than The Little Friend, so I am looking forward to reading it smile

Fedupnagging Fri 03-Jan-14 22:35:09

Thanks for that- now downloaded.

Loved the Secret History which I read years and years ago and was wondering about Goldfinch. Can't wait to read it.

Loveleopardprint Fri 03-Jan-14 22:36:56

Thank you. Just downloaded and told the rest of my book group. grin

LackaDAISYcal Fri 03-Jan-14 22:38:14

Ooooh, thanks muchly smile

I just couldn't get into it (The Little Friend).

That was when it first came out though so I might give it another whirl.

The Secret History is in my top 5 favourite books of all time. Amazing.

CooEeeEldridge Fri 03-Jan-14 22:39:31

OOH! Thanks so much!!!!!

Glad to have been of service, ladies. I had actually gone on to Amazon to look at sports bras, so if anyone has a recommendation for a sports bra that will hold my 32DDs in place while running, please share smile

mrsWast Fri 03-Jan-14 22:41:08

got this waiting on my kindle.

i preferred The Little Friend to Secret History - looking forward to the Goldfinch.

BaconAndAvocado Fri 03-Jan-14 23:07:17

What a bargain, thanks!

Can't wait to read it.

NoSnowJustSand Sat 04-Jan-14 03:08:38

Thanks for the tip ~ wondered why this book was cropping up in everyone's goodreads newsfeed!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Sat 04-Jan-14 05:39:51

Thank you smile

DuchessofMalfi Sat 04-Jan-14 06:15:21

Sweetest - try Figleaves.com for sports bras. They are much better - you can narrow down requirements and they come up with recommendations. Am much much bigger than you blush and found a good one on there - Shock Absorber.

Kveta Sat 04-Jan-14 08:26:28

it's 99p now!!

Donkeylovesmarzipanandmincepie Sat 04-Jan-14 11:44:51

Very helpful thanks OP.

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sat 04-Jan-14 11:47:06

I couldnt get into little friend either - bloody disturbing, i looked at goldfinch but at 1.99 i can't go wrong........ 99p??? result

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sat 04-Jan-14 11:53:33

Having read the write up it looks too sad for me - but i just got the latest marylin french for 1.29! Result smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now