Kindle bargains!

(83 Posts)
myflabberisgasted Sat 16-Nov-13 17:10:45

Luckily I've just checked my wish list on Amazon today and two books I've had on for ages have come down to 99p...

Perfect by Rachel Joyce

Life after life by Kate Atkinson

I haven't read either of these but have read good recommendations on here about them.

myflabberisgasted Wed 12-Mar-14 21:21:55

The Cuckoos calling by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) is 99p at the moment. I've read this and loved it!

Halsall Fri 28-Feb-14 19:28:12

Just in case anyone's been hovering, hoping that this will appear as a bargain, Denise Mina's latest, 'The Red Road', is £2.54. It was 99p yesterday - can't quite get my head round the thinking at Kindle sometimes - but even the higher price is still well worth it.

She's a wonderful writer and I've been stalking 'The Red Road' for ages! Hooray!

NellVarnish Fri 28-Feb-14 15:36:30

Oh thank you! Just bought The Shock of the Fall not that I need anymore books.

Oh oh. Just bought The Cuckoo's Calling too - didn't realise Robert Galbraith was JKR.

addle Fri 28-Feb-14 15:22:02

yes, thank you. you spot loads of things i miss - is great public service

hackmum Fri 28-Feb-14 09:54:18

Thanks, have now bought The Shock of the Fall.

I really appreciate it when people point out the good stuff on the Kindle daily deals - have had a lot of bargains that way.

I have a reading list as long as my arm now - no idea how I'm going to get through it!

antimatter Fri 28-Feb-14 07:41:38

also for 99p
The Book Thief
Apple Tree Yard
The Cuckoo's Calling
The Storyteller
Longbourn

antimatter Fri 28-Feb-14 07:07:50

Thanks! The Shock of the Fall, bought smile

Feenie Fri 28-Feb-14 07:03:40

Thanks chocfemme and roadwalker, have bought both.

roadwalker Fri 28-Feb-14 07:00:06

12 years a slave is 49p

chocfemme Fri 28-Feb-14 06:49:45

The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer (Costa Book Winner 2013) is 99p on Kindle today.

Lurleene Thu 27-Feb-14 16:28:56

Perfect by Rachel Joyce is back down to 99p today.

Cheboludo Wed 26-Feb-14 19:24:11

I also got: Big Brother by Lionel Shriver
The Examined Life by Stefan Grosz
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent and the Jane Austen book by Paula Byrne all for 99p.
Loads of bargains today!

Lurleene Wed 26-Feb-14 17:36:09

Lots more 99p bargains on Kindle and Nook today ...

Apart from The Shock of the Fall and Longbourn which have been mentioned in other threads I have seen:

The Mary Berry autobiography
Kiss Me First - Lottie Moggach
Apple Tree Yard - Louise Doughty
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
The Cuckoo's Calling - JK
Dust - Hugh Howey

SuperScribbler Tue 07-Jan-14 18:39:39

I have an amazon wishlist that I upload to ereaderiq and the site emails me when titles drop in price. It saves me time and effort, but does mean I probably buy far too many "bargain" books.

Coveredinweetabix Tue 07-Jan-14 17:26:31

Are you just getting these from the Kindle Daily Deal pages or do you browse through all of the available book? I can feel my fingers twitching to buy some more despite currently having 30 unread books. I've only had my kindle 7 weeks & love it. I have read some utterly random thibfs due to them being just 99p

StripyPenguin Tue 07-Jan-14 17:20:37

To the Letter is 99p at the moment, it's by Simon Garfield.

Thurlow Tue 07-Jan-14 12:03:52

I've just bought loads too:

Unfashioned Creatures - some Gothic horror, 99p
Sword at Sunset - Arthurian story £1.19
Redemption Blues - crime thriller, 99p
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, 99p
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, 99p

Hadn't realised there was so much good stuff reduced at the moment! There were some free ones too that looked ok. I do like the odd bit of Mills & Boon type romantic crap, but most of the free ones are really rubbish (or at least so badly edited they set my teeth on edge).

CoteDAzur Tue 07-Jan-14 11:56:02

If anyone is interested, Music in the Castle of Heaven: A Portrait of Johann Sebastian Bach is £0.99 today. It was £12.99 last week grin

From the Amazon blurb: SIR JOHN ELIOT GARDINER is one of the world's leading conductors, not only of Baroque music but across the whole repertoire. He founded the Monteverdi Choir and Orchestra, the Orchestre de l'Opéra de Lyon, the English Baroque Soloists, and the Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique. He has conducted most of the world's great orchestras and in many of the leading opera houses.

It is very rare that such an accomplished performer of music should also be a considerable writer and thinker about it. John Eliot Gardiner takes us as deeply into Bach's works and mind as perhaps words can. The result is a unique book about one of the greatest of all creative artists.

SuperScribbler Tue 07-Jan-14 11:16:51

Battle Hymn to the Tiger Mum is reduced to £1.59. it's been on my wishlist for a while.

Wolfcub Mon 06-Jan-14 19:06:24

Thank you for the Agatha Raisin and Bill Bryson tips

minsmum Mon 06-Jan-14 18:47:45

The Amelia Peabody books by Elizabeth Peters , Agatha Raisin books by M C Beaton have mostly been reduced to 84p. If anyone is interested

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-Jan-14 22:11:22

Have bought the Goldfinch but not read it yet. Just noticed that the Marrying of Chani Kauffman is 99p today as well.

funambulist Sun 05-Jan-14 18:15:23

Just bought the following kindle bargains:

Stoner £3.99
The Ocean at the End of the Lane 99p
The Luminaries 99p
One Summer by Bill Bryson 99p
The Rosie Project £2.99

Excellent value.

If anyone else is looking to buy kindle bargains I have read and enjoyed the following (all around 99p at the moment I think):

Harvest by Jim Crace,
Nothing to Envy,
Instructions for a Heatwave,
Life after Life.

katb1973 Sun 05-Jan-14 09:21:35

Any Kent Haruf fans out there? His new book Benediction down to 99p...have waited ages for that one! X

Lurleene Sun 05-Jan-14 00:09:25

My pleasure - I bought if for MIL as a Christmas present and it cost a lot more than 99p!

Today has been very fruitful, I have bought quite a few I have been waiting to get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now