Feel good books?

(8 Posts)
FlobberWobber Sat 12-Oct-13 20:58:57

The nights are drawing in, I'm having a really stressful time at the moment and want some comfort reads! I love Harry Potter & l capture the castle & that kind of feel good read... I'm not 15 btw....

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day - read it in one sitting and then watch the film, which is also good. smile

Pride and Prejudice

Wallison Sat 12-Oct-13 21:06:57

Diary of a Nobody - the gentle but exquisitely chronicled suburban adventures of a frequently exasperated man living below his true station.

Christie Malry's Own Double Entry - a lowly clerk introduced to double-entry book-keeping decides to keep his own real life tally. Very dark but incredibly funny.

The Collector's Collector - the ever-eventful life of a pot, narrated by the pot itself. This makes it sound like some kind of junior school writing project but it is witty, acerbic and a rollicking good read.

ihatethecold Sat 12-Oct-13 21:20:40

The 100 year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared.

Great book

FlobberWobber Sat 12-Oct-13 22:09:28

Thanks guys, I'll get on amazon

BaconAndAvocado Sat 12-Oct-13 22:12:42

The Girls by Lori Lansen. A book about conjoined twins. Moving, funny and uplifting.

zenoushka Sat 12-Oct-13 23:37:54

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. Loved it and really made me smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now