Anyone read Alex by Pierre LeMaitre?

(10 Posts)
tripfiction Wed 30-Oct-13 16:09:35

JUST finished this. Interesting storyline, pretty gory in parts, but it has very good twists and turns which were clear (I know I have sometimes got a bit lost with copious plot threads in other thrillers). It features 3 detectives and there is a real sense that the author is laying the foundations for a series of crime novels revolving around these three very different individuals with terrific French flair. Justice is meted out at the end. Do not read if you have an aversion to rats, is all I would say, without giving anything away about the plot! smile

BaconAndAvocado Fri 11-Oct-13 17:23:44

Will do smile

MrsDavidBowie Wed 09-Oct-13 15:13:38

Let me know what you think about it!

BaconAndAvocado Tue 08-Oct-13 20:59:47

Yes! Am reading and loving it.

So fast paced, very brutal and much more graphic than I usually read/like.

Looking forward to and can't imagine the twists ahead.

Already looking forward to LeMaitre's next book.

MrsDavidBowie Tue 08-Oct-13 15:51:48

Finished it.

It is very, very clever.

Disturbing, but very good. I can honestly say I have never read anything quite like it.

MrsDavidBowie Mon 07-Oct-13 20:40:56

Oh there is a huge twist...... i am half way through now.

RainierWolfcastle Sun 06-Oct-13 20:01:26

yes - i read a fair old bit of it - maybe just the sample on the kindle and i had no wifi?

MrsDavidBowie Sun 06-Oct-13 19:08:19

It has the very short detective whose wife was kidnapped and died previously.....

RainierWolfcastle Sun 06-Oct-13 17:31:53

ah now I think I started it, why didnt I carry on?

MrsDavidBowie Sun 06-Oct-13 08:35:41

Just started it yesterday...it's a French thriller, woman gets kidnapped and held captive.
I sense it will be quite disturbing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now