The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harries

(18 Posts)
TheWinterOne Wed 09-Oct-13 10:27:11

Thanks! Have ordered them. Hopefully they won't take too long. Can't wait to get stuck in! smile

MokuMoku Wed 09-Oct-13 02:26:53

Wow, that's cheap!

Bill, Eric, Alcide, Sam, all yum!

Ohwhatwitcheryisthis Tue 08-Oct-13 21:35:23

book people-£5 for boxed set. cheaper than marie claire almost.

TheWinterOne Tue 08-Oct-13 21:31:12

I like Bill wink

Definitely going to give them a go. Thanks for all your replies smile

EricIsMine Tue 08-Oct-13 19:24:31

The books are good, easy to read and not as bonkers as the telly! They do get a bit lost around book 10 and the ending of bok 13 ruffled a few feathers ... But give them a go smile

I have them on my kindle as well as in print and find them very re-readable... And as for Eric, please see my nickname grin

Thurlow Mon 07-Oct-13 14:50:11

Would anyone say no?! I've already seen season 6 but I'm taping it again purely because that man does things to a prison jumpsuit which should be illegal.

Moyerette Mon 07-Oct-13 14:34:21

Can't say I mind Alexander...well I certainly wouldn't say no wink.

MokuMoku Mon 07-Oct-13 14:32:38

I'm reading them at the moment and really enjoying them.

There are similarities and differences to the TV series. They are definitely a fun and easy read.

Thurlow Mon 07-Oct-13 14:25:48

I loved the first half dozen or so. They're a bit sillier and sometimes it is annoying to get everything from Sookie's point of view, but Eric in the books is just amazing, especially if you ignore all the talk of long hair and just picture him looking like Alexander Skarsgard wink

I'd give up about book 8 or 9 and ask someone for a synopsis though.

Moyerette Mon 07-Oct-13 14:18:05

Thanks for the reply Zachary. I'll order them online. Ebay has 10 books for £10. I think I've read somewhere there are actually 13 of them, though?

ZacharyQuack Mon 07-Oct-13 12:58:14

The TV series is totally different to the books. The first series has similar story lines to the first book but then it goes totally off-piste.

Moyerette Mon 07-Oct-13 10:45:09

I'm echoing what Winter's asked. I've only recently got in to TB (despite it coming to an end next year) It's only through that I realised they were books first. blush

I quite like vampire books so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TheWinterOne Sat 05-Oct-13 12:33:56

How exactly close to the books is the TV series. I'm willing to give them a go but if I know the whole story then there's little point as it'll be a bit spoilt.

StillSeekingSpike Thu 03-Oct-13 13:29:23

Good sex scenes, a lot fluffier than the series, terrible last few books....

TheWinterOne Wed 02-Oct-13 15:07:16

Thanks! I think I will give the first one a read and go from there. Heard quite a few good reviews regarding the series smile

Bloodsocks Wed 02-Oct-13 15:03:43

I love them. Think sometimes they are better than the TV series but also with the later ones you feel like they are getting a bit silly now iykwim.

I love them, I've read them all. They're not particularly challenging and the stories have a bit less detail than the TV series, but they are very enjoyable.

TheWinterOne Wed 02-Oct-13 14:57:28

Are they anything like True Blood? And are they worth a read? I'm in two minds weather to give them a read or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now