Elizabeth George-Believing the Lie-worth persevering?

(3 Posts)
Susieloo Mon 30-Sep-13 18:05:29

I've read all of her books and usually settle down to enjoy her prose and know that I am in for a slow burn and that it's a proper read rather than a quick page turner but I'm a bit bored by this!! I'm a quarter of the way in and I've got Grisham's latest to read next and I'm tempted to abandon it-is it worth carrying on?

SconeRhymesWithGone Mon 30-Sep-13 19:01:34

I have read all her books, too, and really enjoyed the earlier ones. I finished Believing the Lie, but I really had to force myself.

She has another book coming out soon, and I don't think any of her later ones are stand alone books so if you plan to read the new one, as I do, you would probably need to finish this one. If this next one is also a snoozer, I will probably give up on her.

Susieloo Mon 30-Sep-13 19:06:12

Than you scone and totally agree that I'll need to finish this one if I want to read her next one-I'm going to give it a few more chapters and if I'm still not engaged then I'll leave it-a shame because I do love her writing. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now