Series about king Arthur/Gwinevere - who wrote it and what is it called?

(2 Posts)
LaQueenForADay Fri 27-Sep-13 21:06:25

Could it be The Chessboard Queen by Sharan Newman?

Or possibly Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles?

EmGee Thu 26-Sep-13 20:43:45

I was just flicking through the recent thread on autumn/winter cosy reads....and discovered recommendations for Marion Zimmerman Bradley's books about King Arthur et al.

A few years ago I was lent three books (approx 1000 pages each) about this very topic. However I read them in French (but they were translated from US English, I think). For the life of me, I cannot remember what they were called or who wrote them. Definitely a woman, that I do remember.

Anyway, there were utterly engrossing. So, reading the above mentioned thread, I was sure they must be the MZB series. However I just checked the reviews on Amazon and I'm not sure.

The books I read had Gwinevere as the central character - first book start off with her as a small girl, who ends up motherless (mother died in childbirth) and is sent to live at the Court. Think she was a highborn. She becomes friendly with Elaine and they grow up together. It also addresses her love affair (?) with Lancelot. The Morgaine character is Arthur's (half?) sister - and the story is not told through her eyes....which is why I think the books I read were by a different author.

Can anyone help me?! I would like to read the MZB series but not if I have already done so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now