The white queen

(10 Posts)
LEMisdisappointed Fri 16-Aug-13 14:53:37

Just started this - not sure. Is it glorified costume chick lit?

valiumredhead Fri 16-Aug-13 15:05:47

I have up on it after 3 episodes!

valiumredhead Fri 16-Aug-13 15:06:14

Gave

RoseFlowerFairy Fri 16-Aug-13 15:15:12

I have been watching the programme. I have the book to start. I have just read the White Princess, which was not bad.

MrsBungle Fri 16-Aug-13 15:18:01

I'm about 30% through it. I am quite liking it for a bit of easy reading. I get what you mean by chick lit which is not usually what I like at all. I am hoping it picks up a bit, I never usually give up once I have started!

MegBusset Fri 16-Aug-13 15:25:12

I have almost finished it as one of my holiday books (only took me a couple of days). I have enjoyed it but it's very light reading, especially compared to Wolf Hall.

Louise1956 Fri 16-Aug-13 16:34:23

very historically inaccurate, but all Gregory's books are. Enjoy it as fiction.

LEMisdisappointed Fri 16-Aug-13 16:59:59

Louise1956, that was what I was thinking, as i am a total ignoramus when it comes to history (i know noting!) i wasn't sure if it was based on fact, losely based on fact or tried to be based on fact but badly written smile

I agree that it was a nice easy reading book, I'm currently two thirds through The Red Queen (bought them together) and its very much the same style; ok but doesn't set my world alight.

ThursdayLast Fri 23-Aug-13 15:06:14

Basically yes!

I really enjoy them tbh, but take it all with a pinch of salt historically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now