The Kindle Sale has started

(56 Posts)
minsmum Fri 26-Jul-13 14:36:01

Hi

just to let people know that the sale has started today. Sorry I am no good with linky things

LIZS Fri 26-Jul-13 14:39:28

ooh off to look for holidays !

valiumredhead Fri 26-Jul-13 14:39:57

On actual kindles or books?

GampyWabbit Fri 26-Jul-13 14:41:10

Where is this sale and what exactly is 'for sale'?

Feenie Fri 26-Jul-13 14:43:58

Thanks!

Link

tribpot Fri 26-Jul-13 14:49:48

Kindle book summer sale - took a bit of finding, I couldn't see it at all when I went to the Kindle store first time.

minsmum Fri 26-Jul-13 15:09:15

Sorry I should have been more specific its Kindle books. Thanks Feenie and Trib for adding the links

CoteDAzur Fri 26-Jul-13 15:35:41

Thanks for the heads up. I got Boys From Brazil and Rosemary's Baby, both by Ira Levin.

Cherrypi Fri 26-Jul-13 17:47:59

Olive Kitteridge is good if you like literary fiction.

Ooh ooh my mum's book is on there for 99p! A Crowded Coffin by Nicola Slade. It's a funny murder.

Some bargains on there at the moment - The Shining Girls, Kiss Me First, The White Queen, and The Fast Diet, to name just a few.

Cherrypi Wed 31-Jul-13 15:56:46

Lionel Shriver's new one is 99p too.

highlandcoo Wed 31-Jul-13 17:01:02

Thanks Cherrypi - just bought it!

I recently picked up The Alexandria Quartet, Sea of Poppies and Iris and Ruby, each for under £2.

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Wed 31-Jul-13 17:02:46

Similar (if not the same) selection for 99p on the Barnes & Noble site too if you have a Nook.

Giblet Wed 31-Jul-13 17:41:21

Just bought Slaughterhouse Five, Rosemary's Baby, The Thirteenth Tale, the Alexandria Quartet, Finding Camlann and just because SilkStalkings mother wrote it - A Crowded Coffin!

ButThereAgain Wed 31-Jul-13 17:52:01

I didn't realise that the author of Rosemary's Baby was also the author of The Stepford Wives. That's 99p too.

Thanks for starting the thread.thanks I have bought: Shrivers' book Big Brother, Slaughterhouse Five, a history of the Cathars, Rosemary's Baby, and The Stepford Wives. That's a goodly haul for a fiver.smile

AnonYonimousBird Wed 31-Jul-13 18:30:14

Marking my place.

Going in for the two Ira Levin's I haven't already got which are listed plus I also got Wolf Hall, And The Mountains Echoed, The White Queen, The King Maker's Daughter, The Best of Our spies, Life! Death! Prizes!, and Freeing Grace and May we be Forgiven.

Think that's it!

Thanks Anon for reminding me about Wolf Hall. The brick size of the paperback seems quite intimidating and I feel like I'm missing out by not reading any of her stuff.

valiumredhead Wed 31-Jul-13 20:41:48

South- you aren't missing out

greenhill Wed 31-Jul-13 20:49:55

I've bought two Ira Levin novels and the Lionel Shriver one. I will undoubtedly be back though.

CoteDAzur Wed 31-Jul-13 21:33:33

I just got Lionel Shriver's last book, too. Thanks for the heads up.

ButThereAgain Wed 31-Jul-13 22:53:52

My lips are pinched at the thought of the large number of quids I paid for Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies, now that they are available for 99p.

Mind you, I was amazed at the poor quality of the Kindle version of another of Mantel's books, Beyond Black, which was crammed with scanning errors. It was clear that the e-version hadn't been proofread. I got my money back.

I guess that WF and BUTB will have been e-published more conscientiously than her back catalogue appears to have been. Astonishing that e-books, the future of publishing, are still so patchy.

NobodyPutsTomArcherInTheCorner Wed 31-Jul-13 23:20:29

Thanks minsmum!smile I didn't know about this.

FeegleFion Wed 31-Jul-13 23:52:43

I'm predicting that my bank will take a hit when I've clicked the link.

Is it really sad that I'm excited? confused

notsohot Thu 01-Aug-13 08:11:17

Just bought Lucinda Hawksley's March Women March for £1.19 for those of you that like a bit of non-fiction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now