About to embark on Under the Dome - Yay or Nay?

(29 Posts)
GetStuffezd Thu 25-Jul-13 19:43:17

I love SK on the whole, though there have been some shockers (Cell)
I have re-read The Stand countless times and the blurb seems to link UTD to The Stand.
What does anyone think of it?

littlecrick Tue 06-Aug-13 12:33:42

I didn't like it as much as I assumed I would. I love SK and have read most of his stuff.

But I do love how he writes about small town America, he really is the Master at that. It's reading his books that have made me desperate to go to Maine on holiday. But I will naturally avoid any suspicious looking clowns and I will turn a deaf ear if children's voices start talking to me from the plughole.

mummymacbeth Thu 08-Aug-13 00:47:06

I really enjoyed it. I have read only a few SK books, and this one made me want to read more. No surprises in terms of the characters, or turn of phrase etc but still the guy is a genius and a master story teller. Didn't know there was a series and I am off to find out more thanks smile

NadiaWadia Fri 09-Aug-13 01:19:06

I have read and enjoyed quite a few SKs, but this one was very meh. The ending was strange too. Gave it to DH for Christmas one year, and we both disliked it and it ended up going to a charity shop (usually I hang on to my books until they are falling apart.)

11.22.63 (the one about time travel and the Kennedy assassination) though was brilliant.

Still, you might love it!

KittenofDoom Fri 09-Aug-13 19:12:28

I gave up on this one about 150 pages in. Agree with OP, too many characters thrown at me in rapid succession and I either didn't like them or didn't care about them. Also quite violent and gory, which is not what I enjoy from SK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now