which jo nesbo?

(10 Posts)
marissab Wed 24-Jul-13 19:05:29

I loved dragon tattoo and someone recommended jo nesbo books. Should i start with the harry series or headhunters is under £4 at the mo. Any thoughts. I never saw the film so dunno if headhunters is good or not.

cookielove Wed 24-Jul-13 19:16:06

I've only read the snowman. It was very enjoyable.

morethanacondiment Wed 24-Jul-13 19:20:30

I didn't really enjoy Headhunters, but love the Harry Hole series...Nesbo's writing style really improves as you work through them but I think the early plots are better. I appreciate that's not much help grin

The Harry Hole series is good, but I did find the end of Phantom quite harrowing. The Bat has just come out in paperback, and that's the first in the series chronologically. I haven't read it yet though so can't say whether it's a good one.

itsallshitandmoreshit Thu 25-Jul-13 14:51:49

The Snowman is great, as is the Leopard. I haven't read the Bat or the Phantom but they are on my list.
Head hunters is about something else and supposed to be a bit rubbish.

PenelopeLane Fri 26-Jul-13 09:26:55

You should start with the Red Breast IMO - the later Harry Hole books are better if you've read them in order

LuvMyBoyz Sat 27-Jul-13 02:41:59

My first post here...I agree with Penelope because the plots follow on so it's important you read them in order to get the most out of them.

ThursdayLast Thu 01-Aug-13 15:35:35

I like the Harry hole series, but I would recommend reading them in order, because it all ratchets up as it goes along. There is some ongoing plotting too. They can be a bit harrowing...I skim read large parts to miss the worst of it!
I am def a massive wimp though!

jilly72 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:46:49

They are on sale on the book people website.6books for 7 or 8 pounds. Hth

marissab Mon 05-Aug-13 17:32:04

Ooo thanks jilly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now