Off to the Harrogate Crime Writers' festival tomorrow - anyone else?

(6 Posts)
DottyDot Fri 19-Jul-13 19:58:00

This will be our 3rd year and I'm starting to get excited - going to see Val McDermid, Kate Atkinson, Charlaine Harris, Ruth Rendall and Jeanette Winterson.

Sadly, the Lee Child tickets had sold out so we're not seeing him sad. Am still hoping we catch a glimpse though - I went to see him there 2 years ago and he was fab.

Any other MNers going? I'll be the one with my Mum, looking a bit over-excited and drinking copious amounts of Pimms from about 2 4pm. grin

Abra1d Fri 19-Jul-13 21:23:05

Have never been but some writer buddies go and they have a ball. ENjoy yourself.

DottyDot Sat 20-Jul-13 22:31:12

Reporting live from Harrogste and today has been fantastic - Val McDermid is brilliant, got a book signed by Brenda Blethyn and Ann Cleeves and watched Mark Lawson interviewing Kate Atkinson.

Ooh and had a lovely meal at somewhere called b.e.d. which I can highly recommend.

Charlaine Harris tomorrow. Sorted!

Cherrypi Sun 21-Jul-13 14:57:20

Ooh lovely. I would love to go to that someday.

GinOnTwoWheels Sun 21-Jul-13 20:38:02

Oh, OP that looks great! I'm disappointed I missed it - is it at Harrogate every year or does it move around the country? I could travel each day to Harrogate, without needing a hotel unless I had too much Old Peculier.

I love many of the authors mentioned in the programme - the tickets look expensive, but if you have been for many years in a row, it must be worth it?

It looks like lots of talks by authors. Are there other things going on?

DottyDot Mon 22-Jul-13 16:07:02

Yes it's at Harrogate every year - or has been so far. It's well worth it if you like crime fiction - every session is fascinating. Charlaine Harris was an absolute hoot!

It's my annual treat - worth saving up for especially if you don't need overnight accommodation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now