New Rivers of London book out soon.

(35 Posts)
MrsHavisham Mon 15-Jul-13 21:04:35

anyone else waiting for the new one? 25th July. Can't wait!

MrsHavisham Sun 04-Aug-13 19:36:09

just about to start that, I hope its good.

I finished it today, and thoroughly enjoyed it - the characters are old friends now and it was good to catch up with them so to speak. I won't post a spoiler but OH! the ending sad sad sad How COULD he the author I mean ? arghhhhhhhhh

OO and Mr. Penumbra is only £1.39 on Kindle so I just downloaded it to make up for having finished "Broken Homes" and having nothing to read grin

Jux Wed 07-Aug-13 00:55:33

I love those books and had all three. Then my brother sent the three to dd and she loves them too. Finally, dh decided that he'd give tthem a go and he really enjoyed them. That's 4 definites for the next! (But we'll wait until it comes out in pb. sad)

Bowednotbroken Fri 09-Aug-13 05:58:31

Yes Pom - how could he?!!! When do you think that conversation happened? So frustrating having to wait for the next book now! Still thoroughly enjoyed it though, despite the ending

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 09-Aug-13 16:21:44

Finished it - thought it was really good (apart from some terrible bits of bad editing).

Without giving anything away, thank heavens Toby is ok!

Roll on book 5.

Blatherskite Fri 09-Aug-13 16:36:42

Funnily enough, I read Mr Penumbra before Broken Homes Pom smile

It felt very similar sort of book to me and I loved it. Hope you enjoy it too.

Anyone got any recommendations for me now I've finished them both?

Jux Fri 09-Aug-13 21:01:13

I have to wait until May for the paperback sad

I really enjoyed Mr Penumbra grin
Have you read Charlie Fletcher's trilogy about the statues? They are more YA or even children's books, but I enjoyed them and I would think they would appeal to fans of the Rivers of London series.
The info about them here

I read the first one today after reading this thread and I did enjoy it- but did it remind anyone else of Mike Carey's Frlix Castor novels- private investigator, London with supernatural elements?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now