Dean Koontz

(11 Posts)
sonlypuppyfat Mon 08-Jul-13 14:36:57

I'm so sorry please forgive me but I do enjoy his books can anyone tell me who writes like him, and I've already done all the Stephen King books

sonlypuppyfat Mon 08-Jul-13 15:06:01

Someone must know

sonlypuppyfat Mon 08-Jul-13 17:53:07

I feel like a right Billy no mates

Cheddars Mon 08-Jul-13 17:57:46

erm...

<desperately tries to think of an author to make op feel better>

sonlypuppyfat Mon 08-Jul-13 17:59:55

Thank you Cheddars it was like I was back in school

SarahAndFuck England Mon 08-Jul-13 18:41:03

Stephen King's son writes books. His name is Joe Hill and one of his books, Horns, put me in mind of Dean Koontz, although his latest one is very much like one of SK's own books.

Cheddars Mon 08-Jul-13 18:48:11

Tbh I'm not mad keen on Dean Koontz but if you really pushed me I'd suggest Harlen Coben.

Otherwise James Patterson is very good, but not the ones he co-writes with other lesser authors. Try his Alex Cross series.

Must admit I don't like DK much but I do like SK.

Some people like Clive Barker (I don't). You might well like Joe Hill (he's not done much t all for me yet tbh, but I live in hope).

rufusnine Mon 08-Jul-13 22:16:02

go to www.literature-map.com and put his name in the search - and ta da!! you'll find an amazing web of wiggly jiggly authors names - the closer to Dean Koontz the more like his style they are!!Just click on any name for inspiratiion!! I started on DK decades a long time ago. My favourites now are Karin Slaughter, Karen Rose and Linwood Barclay. I found these by the above route - happy jiggling!!

sonlypuppyfat Mon 08-Jul-13 22:56:52

Thank you rufus I'll have a look at that

cornypony Mon 08-Jul-13 22:58:00

james herbert?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now