AngelFall

(11 Posts)
titzup Tue 16-Jul-13 18:46:44

Hmm. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and it's not grabbing me like every other reviewer on the face of the earth suggested? So far it just seems like twilight deja vu, but after an apocalypse. Impossibly strong, beautiful male being falls in love with hapless vulnerable young human female. Oh, except this female does a bit of martial arts aswell.

Maybe the reviewers were massive twilight fans. I think it's all 'OK'.

Valdeeves Sat 13-Jul-13 06:55:18

Yes I loved it to - it did start in the middle but that was the "hook" I think. It had the air of a graphic novel for me - really dark and some seriously gory imagery. I loved the character of her mother - it just added another layer to a landscape of fear and uncertainty.

Dunlurking Fri 12-Jul-13 14:52:41

I'm sticking up for this. I think she's a really original writer, which is difficult atm with dystopian YA fiction smile. Can't wait for the sequel

I downloaded this to Kindle (so it must have been dirt cheap or free at some point grin) and have read the first couple of chapters.
I haven't bothered reading any more, and don't actually care about any of the characters, which says it all really...

NotYoMomma Thu 11-Jul-13 21:09:27

I think it is a love or hate kind of book.

I was 'Penryn? really? what a name' eyeroll

but then I was totally suckered in (I'm not usually honest, twilight is my nightmare) and was hanging on what happened to her next!

titzup Thu 11-Jul-13 20:32:06

Just bought it mostly because I'm just astonished by the almost universal good reviews - usually the internet is full of bitching about anything popular, but this book seems immune!? Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about...

AtYourCervix Fri 05-Jul-13 08:04:55

I just finished the Penryn one but constantly had the feeling I'd started somewhere in the middle. Have I missed a bit?

NotYoMomma Thu 04-Jul-13 10:23:07

I really liked it actually and was surprised by how much. I read a coupke more from the genre (hush, hush) and they are all terrible but I will be reading all the Angelfall books

DontHaveAtv Thu 04-Jul-13 09:45:18

Just finished it. I thought it was really good.

JParkson Wed 03-Jul-13 16:25:46

Is this the one by Susan Ee?

Valdeeves Tue 02-Jul-13 22:54:18

Anyone want to talk about this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now