Gone Girl - if you have read it

(59 Posts)
wannabeawallaby Sun 30-Jun-13 15:53:45

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT

REALLY

I MEAN IT

HOPEFULLY THAT'S ENOUGH

Ok, so I've just started reading gone girl BUT I'm wondering if it's already ruined for me. Someome on another thread, commenting on a telly programme, said 'I could do with a happy ending after reading gone girl'. I'm on the third chapter, Amy has gone missing. Is there any point me reading now I know it's going to be a sad ending? I guess at this point you could think she has made herself go missing, she might turn up, she might not... Etc.

So should I keep going?

Trills Mon 01-Jul-13 21:36:27

Oh yes I think Reese Witherspoon could do it rather well.

Trills Mon 01-Jul-13 21:36:37

I can imagine her doing the voice of diary Amy.

I imagined reece witherspoon for a film version.

BaconAndAvocado Wed 03-Jul-13 09:25:14

Which actor for Nick though?..........

I'm thinking Jamie Dornan from The Fall, only mainly because we need to see more of him on our screens. He's such an excellent actor horny beast smile

cornyblend37 Wed 03-Jul-13 10:03:39

I can't imagine RW doing bad Amy, although I think she'd be perfect for good Amy.

cornyblend37 Wed 03-Jul-13 10:04:11

Tom Hardy for Nick

bunnybing Wed 03-Jul-13 10:25:41

I'm imagining Ryan Gosling as Nick (perhaps because he's in pretty much everything - maybe I lack imagination lol)

Jason Segel as Desi (he's got that ickiness)

Debs from Dexter as Go. I liked Go a lot - it was a shame she petered out in the latter part of the book

I think RW could be a good Amy

i liked the first part of gone girl... but i absolutely hated the second half though... so much so that it took me 4 weeks to read it, as i kept putting it down in disgust frustration. not one character was likable either, which didnt help

wannabeawallaby Wed 03-Jul-13 23:27:22

Not really reading the latest posts for fear of spoilers!

About halfway through. Will have it done by the weekend. New July resolution - read more! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now