Edinburgh Book Festival

(8 Posts)
chirpchirp Wed 26-Jun-13 19:20:23

Anyone north of the border here getting themselves poised for Friday morning's ticket rush?

Hopefully I'll get tickets for a few of the Gaiman and Rankin events but suspecting tickets to the Banks tribute will be nigh on impossible.

If you are in the area what you hoping to see?

Weekipper Wed 26-Jun-13 21:35:09

Thanks for the heads up! I'm always slow on the uptake and miss out.

We'd love to see Gaiman too!

I'm also considering tickets for Bloody Scotland in Stirling in Sept.

chirpchirp Wed 26-Jun-13 22:46:28

Thanks Weekipper, I didn't know about that so googled and the first name I saw was Linn Anderson who I love! Will definitely head to that!

Yes, poised to try and get Kate Atkinson tickets. Saw Hilary Mantel last year, so my track record is good!

chirpchirp Fri 28-Jun-13 11:40:50

Did you manage to get Aitkinson tickets Agent? My cousin is gutted that she didn't but on the bright side she did get Rushdie.

Amazingly I managed to get tickets to the Banks celebration and the Gaiman Sandman event.

Noooooooo! Came into work early to log on and queue, and got called into a meeting. Only just out. I could cry!

KikkiK Fri 28-Jun-13 18:34:09

AgentProvocateur, are you me?! I was also called into a meeting when I was near the top of the queue, and by the time I got back online Kate Atkinson was sold out. Completely gutted as that was the event I most wanted to go to. On the bright side, I did get tickets for Maggie O'Farrell, and that's sold out now too. I'm looking forward to my couple of days at the book festival!

RubySparks Fri 28-Jun-13 18:35:41

Blast, forgot about tickets.... Will try now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now