Finishing the Cazelet Chronicle. What can I devour next?

(8 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Sat 22-Jun-13 20:37:28

I've really enjoyed reading all four books if the Cazalet Chronicle over the past few weeks. They've got me through endless nights of breastfeeding/ settling baby DS. But as I'm drawing to the end, I'm worried about having nothing to read next.

Any ideas of something to really get my teeth into?

I like: lots of classics. Probably read all I would want to though.

Good historical fiction

Some dystopian/ apocalyptic stuff

Well written fantasy/ magic/ sci fi

I don't like:

Chick lit

Anything involving sick/ dead/ missing children

Any recommendations welcome. Especially if cheap for kindle! Thanks.

mumslife Sat 22-Jun-13 21:27:40

I read these andloved them can recommend the last summer by judith kinghorn. Sadly not a series though

Kasterborous Sun 23-Jun-13 00:12:18

Have you read any of Kate Morton's books they are quite good, I really enjoyed them and I've just finished the first Cazalet chronicles book and enjoyed that too.

Fortunes of War Trilogy by Olivia Mann smile It was also made into a great 1987 TV series available on DVD, starring Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh.

Enjoy!

Oops! That should be 'Olivia Manning' blush

Kindle edition of the Balkan Trilogy (books 1-3) available here

The Levant Trilogy (books 4-6) available here

Clawdy Sun 23-Jun-13 11:04:43

Kate Morton (especially her latest,The Secret Keeper),Katherine Webb (A Half-Forgotten Song) and Lucinda Riley.

Dorothy Dunnetts Lymond chronicles are superb, beautifully written and the plot which pans out over 6 novels is breathtaking.

mumslife Mon 24-Jun-13 12:48:16

rachel hoare is good and similar to Kate Morton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now