Any beach read recommendations?

(8 Posts)

Fantastic! Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Had better get busy downloading now!

valiumredhead Sun 23-Jun-13 19:16:09

The Magpies
Who is Sarah Lawson?
The Island -Emily Barr

Moon Island by Rosie Thomas is perfect for a beach holiday as it's set on a beach. It's just the right mix of intrigue with a spooky twist, great book. her other books are pretty good to.manything Phil Rickman writes is pretty unputdownable to.

Clawdy Sun 23-Jun-13 16:25:56

The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton.
The Burning Air - Erin Kelly (great twist!)
Assume you'll already have read Gone Girl.

DuchessofMalfi Sat 22-Jun-13 13:08:41

How about Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann? I really enjoyed it, and it's perfect for reading on the beach. Or This Is How It Ends by Kathleen MacMahon? Very good, but might be a bit too sad though.

gerbilsarefun Sat 22-Jun-13 12:52:45

If you want a bit of chic lit, without it being too flowery, I am reading and enjoying Christmas at tiffanys by karen swan. Or a jodi picoult for something a bit more meaty.

tripfiction Sat 22-Jun-13 12:44:07

If you like historical, then this is great for Barbados: The Sugar Barons by Matthew Parker.
Have just read The Perfume Garden by Kate Lord Brown, which I found engrossing

Have a lovely holiday.

I am off to Barbados for a week on Tuesday. Horrified to realise this morning that I had neglected the most important bit of pre-holiday prep- loading up the Kindlegrin

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good and not too taxing beach reading.

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now