The White Queen

(36 Posts)
littlemissnormal Sun 19-May-13 20:39:53

Really excited about the TV adaption of Philippa Gregory's The White Queen after just seeing the trailer! But it said based on her novels, plural. Does anyone know which other ones will be involved? I'm guessing The Kingmakers Daughter?

LaQueen Sat 25-May-13 09:59:48

Well, I was a bit meh about Thomas Cromwell, last night?

I studied him, quite intensively for A Level, and developed a bit of a crush.

I think these BBC programs, are a bit too History-Lite for me. And, I much prefer David Starkey.

Mama1980 Sat 25-May-13 18:10:52

I prefer Starkey too, though I'm getting really annoyed at hang to wait s long for the second part of his Henry biography. I don't always agree with him but I like his style.

Leedscatgirl Sat 25-May-13 18:12:40

When does it start as don't want to miss it

littlemissnormal Sun 26-May-13 13:36:57

I'm reading Blood Sisters by Sarah Gristwood at the moment, and she says there's a real lack of information about Anne Neville.

Loved Richard and also Earl Warwick in Sun in Splendour but not in anything I've read by Philippa Gregory.

The Anne Boleyn program I loved, purely for how the opposing historians differed in opinions. Found Hilary Mantel bizarre but couldn't take my eyes off her; very watchable!

lilian1977 Wed 29-May-13 13:28:42

Hi - just letting everyone know that the BBC have just released the media pack for The White Queen. Still no air date except "June". Schedules are released up to 14th June so it wouldn't surprise me if it starts on Sunday 16th June.

http://andrewgoweractor.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/press-pack-for-the-white-queen/

littlemissnormal Fri 14-Jun-13 21:02:15

Yep just seen trailer, this Sunday at 9!

Mama1980 Sun 16-Jun-13 20:10:34

So....I'm desperately trying to get my sons asleep in time to watch this! smile

littlemissnormal Sun 16-Jun-13 22:01:44

I know it may not be completely factual but I really enjoyed it.
Liking Edward and Anthony Woodville wink
Think Jacquetta, Elizabeth and Warwick have all been well cast.

macca5 Tue 18-Jun-13 14:19:36

I have two sons aged 12 and 9 who have seen the trailers and are desperate to watch this. I havent seen it or read the books. I'm guessing it's not suitable for the 9 year old but what about 12?

There is quite a lot of sex...

Mama1980 Tue 18-Jun-13 18:05:49

I wouldn't personally there's a lot of sex and adult issues with sex, love, politics etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now