Reading recommendations for a short trip

(8 Posts)
mrsbadger2 Sat 11-May-13 22:07:04

Glad you are enjoying the Rosie Project, Parisbanana. Great name btw. My spell checks having fun with that one.

mrsbadger2 Sat 11-May-13 22:02:28

I like the sound of them all. Thank you so much for the tips. Am actually hoping the other half is tied up on loads of boring work calls now so I can get stuck in. Must try the Larsson trilogy. Will upload Capital and check out trip fiction too. Has anyone read The Expat by Chris Pavone yet ? I would highly recommend it. Also the Patricia Druckermann books on raising children French style were quite good -although not worth buying the second as it simply rehashes the first into top tips style. I noticed The Dinner by Hermann Koch is in the paperback top 20, but I found it pretty dull. Bag packed. Off to the land of cheese and clocks in the morning. Thanks again guys.

Parisbanana Sat 11-May-13 22:00:05

I was going to suggest The Rosie Project.
Am almost at the end and loving it. A very easy read full of interesting characters.

PhyllisDoris Sat 11-May-13 21:41:22

Have you read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stig Larsson? There are three books in the series - I couldn't put them down.

Also, the Pilgrimage of Harold Fry is a good read.

Lomaamina Sat 11-May-13 21:39:48

What a brilliant site tripfiction! Is it your own?

tripfiction Sat 11-May-13 11:40:23

The Chef by Martin Suter, available on Kindle, is a foodie mystery set in Zurich which might fit the bill? It's a reasonably good and short read. Details here: tripfiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/Foodie-Fiction-set-in-Zurich-and-Amsterdam.html

Lomaamina Sat 11-May-13 07:22:11

Capital by John Lanchester. Set in London. Easy to get into and a good read.

mrsbadger2 Sat 11-May-13 07:16:43

Hi I am going on a business trip to Zurich with my husband tomorrow and need a good read to load onto my Kindle to get stuck into while he is glued to his iphone......
Anything current/not too heavy but not chick lit... possibly set in another country with great characters ? Has anyone enjoyed The Rosie Project ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now