The magpies

(28 Posts)
marissab Tue 07-May-13 19:54:02

Oh i'm halfway through this and if anyone's looking for a gripping fast paced read, pick this up. It's quite cheap on kindle store at the mo and well worth a look. It's sooo edge of the seat!

valiumredhead Tue 18-Jun-13 12:20:20

Hi Mark smile

I have just recommended your book this morning to two friends that I saw then logged on and saw your post. Spoooooooky grin

chirpchirp Wed 19-Jun-13 22:26:13

Just finished reading this and how lovely to be able to have a chat with the author! I did enjoy the majority of it and raced through it. I felt a little deflated at towards the end as so much happened in the last 50 or so pages and I would have liked to have more dedicated to the discovery, the "event", the trail, and I would have liked to hear a little more about what happened to Jamie and kirsty in more detail before it was wrapped up. There was also part of me that would have enjoyed a short chapter or two from inside Lucy and Chris' flat not giving anything major away just a glimpse of their life.

sarah the way I interpreted it was that Jamie's relationships with everyone changed because of the strain of Chris and Lucy and the impacted they were having on his mental stability. With Paul it was partly down to his accident which is common with head injuries and partly due to Jamie no longer being as happy go lucky as he was at the start of the book, being more confrontational and desperate.

SisterMatic Thu 27-Jun-13 02:10:06

I was recommended your book on here, Mark.

I would like to say I really enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time to come on and let us know more about the protagonists. The Magpies gave me nightmares, so I suppose that is a compliment grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now