Game of Thrones book 6 ....... Spoilers (kind of

(24 Posts)
cookielove Sat 04-May-13 12:03:53

I've just finished book 6 sad now comes the long wait for the next one grin

But horror of all horrors they have killed off my favourite Character i had to reread it three times, i really can't believe it. JON SNOW is DEAD, well presumed dead, i mean a sword through the shoulder blades kind of implies death, but then i thought Theon died, and then there was a Reek so who knows.

I thought Catelyn died and look what happened to her!

And Aegon. And the Mountain. And Davos.

No way Jon Snow is dead.

MissSusan Sat 04-May-13 12:23:13

Jon is not dead, he is the song of ice and fire. Mel will bring him back or he will warg in to ghost for a while then come back and save the day.

CousinRachel Sat 04-May-13 17:04:18

I finished it not long ago myself OP.

Must admit I was shocked, and you generally tend to think that by book five you're inured to the demise of main characters...

I found it extra chilling though as it seemed to be a model of Ceasar's murder...(stabbed in the back?? Someone up and coming, full of talent getting too big for their (red?) boots, challenging the status quo, and ulimately murdered for it by the people people around them, <shudder>

I hope so MS smile

SofaKing Sat 04-May-13 17:09:04

He is too important to be definitely dead, we still don't know who his parents really are!

Although I have a theory. . . grin

I have heard George rr Martin is only a quarter of the way through the next book so it could be 2015 before we find out what happens next <sob>

CousinRachel Sat 04-May-13 17:17:46

i always kind of hoped John SNER & Daeneryrs would eventualy get together, oh well, ho hum...

letseatgrandma Sat 04-May-13 17:20:45

Although I have a theory

I bet your theory is the same as mine ;)

cookielove Sat 04-May-13 17:47:01

I hope your right, i am in turmoil that he may be actually dead shock

Feel free to share your theories smile <nosy>

R + L = J

wink

Trill Sat 04-May-13 18:47:53

I have a theory that GRRM is mean enough to let Jon Snow die without us ever finding out the truth abut his parentage.

He probably won't. Probably.

cookielove Sat 04-May-13 18:57:02

Dreaming i am gonna pm you!!

CousinRachel Sat 04-May-13 18:57:12

Rhaegar T and Lyanna S?? Hmmm maybe... wink

cookielove Sat 04-May-13 19:00:02

Oh whoops i guessed the wrong R, to Cousin

Trill, maybe he is that mean! But then, I feel like he hasn't been quite so cruel in the last couple books, who was the last major character (that people liked!) who he killed off? I think it was in Book 3.

Trill Sat 04-May-13 19:11:24

So maybe he is due some serious meanness!

MissSusan Sat 04-May-13 19:22:18

Yes, dreaming I agree.
shock Trill do you think he would ? Big ole meanie. I have only just forgiven him for the RW.
We are definitely due a couple of big deaths.

I will never forgive him for the RW angry

Oberyn Martell was pretty brutal too!

There are some characters I don't care if they get offed -- I find Dany really annoying now for example.

I think the only ones left who would really upset me if they didn't make it would be Arya, and Brienne and Jaime (strangely). Oh and Tommen and Ser Pounce smile

cookielove Sat 04-May-13 19:48:49

dreaming the RW was brutal, i had to re read that several times too.

Dany i wish they had offed in the first one she has annoyed me every single time i turn the page and see her name on the top of the chapter. Although saying that i really liked Jorah's love for her blush

Brienne and Jamie love them smile

MissSusan Sat 04-May-13 19:49:48

Tommen and Mycella will die according to the prophecy. A shame because I like them both.

Pleeeeeease not Tommen, he is so sweet, I couldn't take it (have a little boy myself)

cookie -- after I read the RW scene, I put the book down, walked in the other room, and just went No, no, no, no for a good 15 minutes. I have never been so disturbed by a book.

I didn't fancy Jorah so much in the book but Iain Glen on the show is pretty damn fine wink

DoubleMum Wed 08-May-13 22:03:57

There's a new book coming in December, but not the one we're all waiting for. It's a Tyrion fanbook.
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/new-game-of-thrones-book-_n_3200498.html?ir=Books

Trill Thu 09-May-13 22:34:30

Tommen is certainly "less horrible than Joffrey" - but have we really seen that he is good? Actively good? Rather than "we haven't seen him be nasty yet, but that's because he's had no particular desire or ability to cause anyone any harm"?

Hmm I don't know... everyone in the books seems to describe him as being pretty sweet. I have a feeling we won't find out though what he grows up to be. Damn you Martin.

And stop writing extraneous books! I've never seen such a sadistic author.

cookielove Fri 10-May-13 19:46:19

I have to say that i am a bit Meh about Tommen, i just want JON to be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now