Georgette Heyer Book Club - shameless diversion

(32 Posts)

No point putting this in Baby Names.

Just had a healthy scan at 13+1. Would LOVE to use a GH name as both DSs "coincidentally" have GH first names.

Here's a list. Which do you think are even remotely useable? We have a very plain surname starting in J- and I have removed the DCs we already have.

Barbara, Harriet, Hester, Helen (Nell), Serena, Léonie, Prudence, Horatia, Phoebe, Cressida, Anthea, Venetia, Henrietta, Sophia, Judith, Sarah, Annis, Mary, Drusilla, Arabella, Diana, Cleone, Penelope, Frederica, Abigail, Katherine (Kitty or Kate), Deborah, Elinor, Ancilla, Hero, Jenny

Justin, Sylvester, Adolphus, Dominic, Ivo, Vernon, Julian, Jack, Ashley, Marcus, Gervase, Giles, Anthony, Frederick, Edward, Jasper, Hugh (Hugo), Charles, Waldo, Gareth, Tristam, Richard, Philip, Christopher (Kit), John, Robert, Miles, Max

This wasn't exactly a "tell me what to name my unborn" but rather "can I keep a sly GH theme and get a great name?" to which the answer appears to be yes. Hurrah!

I haven't spoken to DH about specific names, no. He would get name fatigue this early.

LeonieDeSainteVire Wed 01-May-13 18:52:54

Yes but Horry it was bound to become a 'let us name your child' thread smile

That comes later... I've been planning this thread, as you know Leonie, for some time grin

WillowinGloves Mon 06-May-13 22:25:25

Please could someone remind me which one Elinor comes in? I have one (she is a Sense and Sensibility one) and didn't realise she was GH too!
Thanks all.

She is the Reluctant Widow iirc...

WillowinGloves Tue 07-May-13 10:04:22

Thank you! You're right - just been and checked my copy!

Wish I'd seen this earlier- I was named for a georgette heyer character- the silly vain girl in The Nonesuch! (But I do like my name!) ( but please don't post it if you know it from the clue!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now