Decent vampire/fantasy series

(35 Posts)
Howstricks Sun 28-Apr-13 22:06:18

I enjoyed the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series, but since reading spoilers about the last one I have put them to one side in protest as the ending is not what I had hoped for!!! What else can I read? Nothing that involves too much thought or angst..these are my guilty, no brain pleasure reads, any suggestions?

Phoenixflame Wed 26-Jun-13 16:52:53

Oh where to start? I love, love, love vampire/fantasy books. I have to second the J.R. Ward books both of her series are fantastic. The 'Dark' series by Christine Feehan they can be a little predictable after you've read a few but I really enjoyed them. The 'House of night' series by P.C. Cast and the 'The Morganville vampires' by Rachel Caine both teen series but are good if you just want something to read easily. 'Chicagoland vampires' series by Chloe Neill. Rachel Vincent has some great urban fantasy series. I particularly recommend her 'Shifters' series. Great female protagonist I almost cried when I realised there aren't going to be anymore books in that series. I know I've read more but I can't think of them right now. Hope these help :D

Rubysmommy Wed 26-Jun-13 17:03:32

Another vote for Kelley Armstrong's series - great reading smile

Wilding Wed 26-Jun-13 17:10:57

I really love the Patricia Briggs books about Mercy Thompson - they're much better written than some of the stuff out there. Start with Moon Called and go from there...

lucysnowe Thu 27-Jun-13 18:24:34

Not a series, but Robin McKinley's Sunshine is an aces vampire book!

geologygirl Thu 27-Jun-13 18:28:15

I highly recommend the mortal instruments series. Brilliantly written and real page turners.

ChozRa Thu 27-Jun-13 18:38:49

I'm enjoying the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness. The first is A Discovery of Witches, the second is Shadow of Night, and she's not written the third yet! If you like vampires, witches and history you might enjoy these.

DharmaLovesDraco Thu 27-Jun-13 18:52:38

Lara Adrian's 'Midnight Breed' series is good, especially if you like the JR Ward 'Bhrothers' books.

gastrognome Fri 28-Jun-13 21:07:36

Definitely check out Cassandra Clare.
Aimed at young adults but well written page turners with engaging characters and good plot lines. Start with the Mortal Instruments series.
One of the few authors whose new releases I will preorder from Amazon, as I can't wait to read them.

susiedaisy Mon 01-Jul-13 19:55:33

I can recommend Kresley Coles Immortals in the Dark series, vampires werewolves and shifters galore, also very raunchy, there is 13 books in the series!

MRSJWRTWR Wed 03-Jul-13 12:06:23

Thea Harrisons's 'Elder' Series starting with Dragon Bound. I will second Patricia Briggs Mercy series and Ilona Andrews, Kate Daniels series is great. I think Magic Bites is the first one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now