free kindle books

(8 Posts)
qazxc Tue 16-Apr-13 17:26:27

Has anyone read any good ones? looking for cheap reading material but am having trouble finding ones that don't seem awful, there seems to be a lot of romancey/fifty shades of grey types which wouldn't be my bag. I'm more of a thrillers/horror reader.

binger Tue 16-Apr-13 18:09:36

I've just bought white bones for 59p. It's a crime/horror as far as I can make out and two of my friends thought it was really good. Not free but very cheap.

Frawli Wed 17-Apr-13 22:23:27

ereaderiq used to be a good website to find freebies, but I think Amazon might have stopped them. However, they link to another website where you can browse freebies by genre. It has horror, but not thriller, although it has 'Men's adventure' hmm not quite sure what that is. Here is the link anyway:

uk.freereadfeed.com/?gd=list#t

Frawli Wed 17-Apr-13 22:24:30

I tell a lie, they do have thriller, it's 'Crime, thrillers and mystery'

Jinsei Wed 17-Apr-13 22:25:48

Lots of the classics are free. I'm reading "Great Expectations" at the moment! smile

spex11 Mon 29-Apr-13 13:54:24

I've found checking the Kindle daily deal is well worth it, some genuine reductions there. Just finished one book with a cheap price (£1.53), The Past Lies Waiting by David Treanor. Part murder mystery, part ghost story, it kept me gripped.
www.amazon.co.uk/The-Past-Lies-Waiting-ebook/dp/B00CHSZNMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1367223693&sr=1-1&keywords=the+past+lies+waiting

LEMisdisappointed Mon 29-Apr-13 22:20:24

Yes, all the classics are free and they are surprisingly good smile

Try Girl Made of Storms it's not by my husband oh no it's not ;) it's currently a few quid but will be free on the 18th and 19th of May.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now