A Suitable Boy

(15 Posts)
Vijac Wed 08-May-13 22:42:08

Love it. Need to read it again now!

louisianablue2000 Wed 08-May-13 22:39:58

I read this in my first year of my doctorate. The characters were as real to me as my real friends for a long time. Loved it. Don't really want to re-read in case it's not as good as I remember!

MorvahRising Mon 29-Apr-13 22:54:08

I absolutely loved it and I did read the political bits. But like Salbertina I can't remember those bits at all.

I was so disappointed to find this wasn't available for Kindle when I last looked. Thank you, OP, I will download and take it in holiday with me in July.

Salbertina Sun 14-Apr-13 17:47:59

Oh yes, such a special book, an all time favourite which i think I'm due to reread after several years. I did read it all though inc the political bits.. Not that i can remember them now!

UptoapointLordCopper Fri 12-Apr-13 20:35:53

It got me through labour for DS2. It has a special place in my life. smile

And I read the political bits too.

Gracelo Fri 12-Apr-13 12:49:11

I read it in the first weeks after having dd as well smile mostly while breastfeeding. A Kindle would have been so much easier than the enormous printed version. I wonder if it was the hormones which made me cry my eyes out over one of the deaths in the book.

I read the whole thing - did take me nearly a year though as started the week I gave birth to PFB smile (and didn't understand a lot of the political bits)

MirandaWest Fri 12-Apr-13 12:33:19

I love a Suitable Boy. Haven't read it for years though (and am sure I skipped the political stuff).

Wonder when a Suitable Girl is being published?

lalalonglegs Fri 12-Apr-13 12:31:29

Has anyone who's read A Suitable Boy done anything other than skim the political stuff grin?

Gracelo Fri 12-Apr-13 12:24:27

It's one of my favourite books ever. Have to admit that I also skimmed most of the political stuff.
I'd never heard of Tuebl, thanks sprout

sprout44 Thu 11-Apr-13 17:48:53

Its also on Tuebl.com and its free, my new best friends Mr Tuebl.

It's not been available for as long as I've had my kindle, so just over a year.

I'll probably be doing the same with the political bits!

lalalonglegs Wed 10-Apr-13 10:45:09

Why wasn't it available before confused? It is a cracking read but my advice would be to skim a lot of the political stuff.

...is finally available on Kindle from 30/5.

I'm thrilled - I've been waiting to read it for ages, then when I got my Kindle I just assumed it would be available straight away.

It's £5.99 preorder, but I'm hoping(!) that will drop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now