Angel Maker

(6 Posts)
StuffezLaBouche Fri 15-Mar-13 23:52:05

I was talking on FB about books that 'get' you and someone I respect recommended this book. I've downloaded the sample onto the kindle app of my ipad and will tackle it tomorrow when sober.
Has anyone read it? I usually go for trash, easy to read crime, e.g. Harlan coben, nicci French, richard montanari, etc. but these don't stretch me in any way.

crescentmoon Sat 16-Mar-13 00:07:51

Well I really enjoyed harkaway's 'gone away world' and have read good things about angel maker. Will watch this thread with interest!

StuffezLaBouche Sat 16-Mar-13 00:32:24

Thanks crescent! I have bloody tuition until half eleven tomorrow but then will get stuck in to the sample and report back...

Joekate Fri 22-Mar-13 15:51:17

I've just finnished Angel Maker and loved it. Hadn't read anything of Harkaway's before, and to be honest went on the book cover and the blurb (choose my books like I choose my wine smile). I am now 72% (evidently) through The Gone Away World and also loving it although it's a bit to get my head round in parts. Very funny, just my sort of humour. Has he written anything else - I'll have withdraw symptoms when finnished.

tumbletumble Sat 23-Mar-13 20:13:52

I'm reading Angelmaker at the moment - am about halfway through. Not the type of book I'd usually read but I'm really enjoying it.

golemmings Sat 23-Mar-13 20:41:16

I bought it because I accidentally found the author's blog and enjoyed reading that.
I like her writing style. I found angelmakers to be really accessible too. Not quite unputdownable; it was a while ago that I read it and don't remember too much about it but I enjoyed it. I didn't find it comfortable though. It's not a book that became a friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now