To kill a mockingbird - kindle edition?

(9 Posts)
iklboo Tue 19-Mar-13 21:45:03

Rainbowriver - I had to read it for O level <shows age> & hated it because I was forced to share it with a slow reader who snurked at the n word. My English teacher gave a copy to me as a leaving present. I read it over the summer & fell in love with it. I've read it at least once a year since then.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Tue 19-Mar-13 21:33:54

rainbowriver - it's about the race and class issues in the Deep South of USA in the 1930s. Based in a small town and told from the viewpoint of two young children. Really, really good. It appears on virtually every "must read" list so definitely worth a go.

akaemmafrost Tue 19-Mar-13 11:34:22

I got my copy in Asda of all places in the 2 for £7.00 offer. It was a while ago. Was its 50th anniversary edition.

rainbowriver Tue 19-Mar-13 10:42:27

I've heard of this book but never read it, what's it about? Is it really worth a read?

Thanks!

DuchessofMalfi Fri 15-Mar-13 08:04:17

I've heard somewhere that Harper Lee won't allow its release onto kindle. Not sure if that's true though. I want to re-read it too. Haven't read it since I was at school.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 14-Mar-13 21:36:54

i also studied it for GCSE and i really want to rediscover it now im actually paying attention grin ill go and buy it in hard copy then. boo hoo i love reading on my kindle sad

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 14-Mar-13 21:33:29

The publishers have produced a gorgeous 50th anniversary edition in hardback, with a cloth cover a bit like a Folio Society one (but cheaper). I'm trying to justify buying it but haven't managed yet.

I wonder why it's not on Kindle?

Yup, re-read this recently and only available in paperback. The only related thing you can get on kindle are the study notes.

I studied this book at secondary school and absolutely loved re-reading it as an adult - it is a masterpiece.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 14-Mar-13 21:05:25

has anyone seen a kindle edition of to kill a mockingbird? i really want to download it but can't find it on amazon. do i have to order it in paperback?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now