Kindles books

(11 Posts)

I haven't bought any Kindle books for ages but am just about to finish my latest one so I need some recommendations before I take DD to her club in half an hour!

What have you all recently read that's fabulous

and which books should I avoid

Thank you

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 14-Mar-13 16:27:45

Just marking my place.

DuchessofMalfi Thu 14-Mar-13 16:56:56

How about The Hundred Year Old Man. I read it recently and enjoyed it. I think it may still be 20p on kindle. Another one I've got lined up is Capital. May also still be 20p.

Hard to know where to start!

The Hundred Year Old Man is a cracker, agreed. I also have Capital downloaded too, gets some good reviews.

There are loads at 20p right now, even some great free ones too, especially if you fancy a classic or two. If you go into the Amazon Kindle Books page, they have a Top 100 of paid and free books....

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 14-Mar-13 21:03:16

the help and the night circus

heronsfly Thu 14-Mar-13 21:04:40

I rather enjoyed the midwife of Hope river,

LordEmsworth Thu 14-Mar-13 21:06:16

I enjoyed the 100 Year Old Man, but I loved Harold Fry...

DuchessofMalfi Fri 15-Mar-13 07:59:23

The Help and The Night Circus are both really good. I enjoyed The Night Circus very much.

Another one I've heard good things about is Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. It's currently around £2.80 (ish) on Amazon. Can't justify buying it myself as I've got quite a backlog to catch up on, but you might like to give it a go.

Thanks everyone

I've already read The Help but I think I'll get the 100 Year Old Man and some of the others mentioned
Should keep me going for a bit!

BreasticlesNTesticles Fri 15-Mar-13 18:55:44

I loved Wolf Hall and Bringing up the Bodies but I know they aren't for everyone.

Feenie Sat 16-Mar-13 22:23:04

The Personal History of Rachel Dupree - 95p and excellent.

What Have I Done? - really, really enjoyed this, and it's £1.59 atm.

The Half Life of Hannah - enjoyed this, £0.95.

Thursdays in the Park is quite good too, £0.20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now