Gone Girl is.......Gone!!

(11 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 10-Mar-13 20:22:57

I am bereft of my bloody brilliant book!

What can I read next that will come up to the same very very high standards of GG?

kelmot Mon 11-Mar-13 01:57:19

ive just read a triogy on smash words dead cheap by a Jane Sharkey her first go at writing and i was surprised good story tho bit naughty i think she needs a little practice but all in all i really enjoyed them read one after the other and thats not me normally i have a big break between
smile

DuchessofMalfi Mon 11-Mar-13 06:34:31

Have you read Gillian Flynn's other novels? Is it thriller type novels you're looking for?

Or any good recommendations? How about The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen or The Secret History by Donna Tartt, The Little Friend also by Donna Tartt.

NicknameTaken Mon 11-Mar-13 11:11:54

Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects is great (was a bit less keen on her other one, Dark Places).

I just read Val McDermid's The Vanishing Point, which seemed to a me a good follow-on read. Raises tensions in a similar way.

Clawdy Mon 11-Mar-13 11:54:25

The Burning Air by Erin Kelly is a gripping read with a great twist.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 11-Mar-13 18:04:42

Yes def looking for another thriller.

Loved Secret History, haven't tried McDermid, isn't she a bit gruesome.

Also like Erin Kelly, tho haven't read her latest.

NicknameTaken Mon 11-Mar-13 22:45:49

That was the only McDermid I've read, and no, it wasn't gruesome at all.

Helendouglas72 Mon 11-Mar-13 23:32:46

No I didn't think so either.

emylou1982 Tue 12-Mar-13 09:51:20

try Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

BaconAndAvocado Tue 12-Mar-13 21:07:20

Loved Into the Darkest Corner.

Also read another thriller recently a out a woman keeping a young boy at her house, can't remember the title, something to,do,with the Tide?

bottleofbeer Wed 13-Mar-13 16:14:06

The Wicked Girls...uhmmm The Guilty One.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now