New Pratchett!

(11 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Fri 08-Mar-13 23:00:27

So we have a title but nothing else - any ideas, gossip or hopes to share fellow roundworlders?

I guess it might be a Moist von Lipwig one again, maybe the invention of steam engines?

HellesBelles396 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:07:06

that's what I was thinking too. but I'm not sure if discworld should have steam - look at how it turned out on roundworld! wink

OzmaofOz Sat 09-Mar-13 19:09:52

I really enjoy the Tiffany Aching books, haven't read Pratchett for ages so don't know he has done one recently.....

HellesBelles396 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:11:50

I really enjoyed the Tiffany Aching books too. Which did you like best?

Raising Steam isn't finished yet - not even a launch date that I know of. Unfortunately!

OzmaofOz Sat 09-Mar-13 19:16:29

I have forgotten the title but the first one where she goes to fairyland and battles the fairy queen that and I shall wear midnight.

HellesBelles396 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:25:08

wee free men? I really enjoy I shall wear midnight as well.

have you tried the witches novels?

OzmaofOz Sat 09-Mar-13 22:20:23

Yes that's it wee free men.
I have read most of the witches novels really enjoyed them, carpe jugulem was the first Pratchett book I read. There are some fantastic characters in them, I love Nanny Ogg and Esme Wetherwax.
Really must get back in to them again, I have been making my way through A song of ice and fire and planning on starting on A wheel of time so have a few books to make my way through.

2kidsintow Sat 09-Mar-13 22:24:25

God bless Terry Pratchett. Not only do I find his books immensely enjoyable, but my Dad loves them too. And every year there is a new one out in time for his birthday.

HellesBelles396 Sun 10-Mar-13 08:00:10

I've read the WOT books (haven't read the last yet though - waiting for the library) but what is the other series you mentioned?
my first discworld was feet of clay leant to me by a friend after I complained about the queue to get into a book shop to see "some random author - never even heard of him" back in 97.

it's a family thing here too 2kids - my brother loves terry pratchett's books as much as I do. the first to get - and finish - a new novel has serious bragging and teasing rights til the other catches up.

OzmaofOz Sun 10-Mar-13 13:18:53

A song of ice and fire by George RR Martin, the Game of Thrones series is based on the books.
Yes my Dad is a Pratchett fan too and a close friend too, which is good because as soon as one of us has finished a book we can lend it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now