Human Remains by Elizabeth Haynes

(18 Posts)
donnasummer Mon 01-Apr-13 12:46:53

I thought the canal barge one was pants too, but have ordered HR hoping it will be as good as her first

Kenanddreary Wed 27-Mar-13 18:04:34

Electric - I am over halfway through at the moment and would love to discuss when I have finished it. Love it - but I have enjoyed all books by Elizabeth Haynes so far so definitely a fan!

It's intriguing and I think it would be a good reading group choice.

Grinkly Wed 20-Mar-13 00:24:05

Wasn't too mad about this.
Grizzly things don't bother me much and still have no clear image of the 'heroine'. I think the characters in a story interest me most so this didn't have enough believable detail about the characters for me.

valiumredhead Tue 19-Mar-13 12:36:03

So I finished Human Remains, got to have quite a strong stomach to read this one, pretty graphic in places. Good, gripping book though, totally unbelievable once you have finished it and really think about it but a ripping yarn and great escapism, which for me is exactly what a good book should be smile

valiumredhead Wed 13-Mar-13 09:32:42

I loved her first but thought the second was far superior and really enjoyed it. I am a third of the way through Human Remains and can't put it down!

SuperScribbler Mon 11-Mar-13 14:43:51

Got it - thanks! Loved her first and disliked her second. This is her last chance with me.

BOF Sun 10-Mar-13 18:01:30

I'm 20% in, and I can't say I'm feeling it. I think I'm going to abandon ship- life's too short to read stuff you don't enjoy.

Got it after ereaderiq emailed me yesterday with the price drop!!!!

I've read Into the Darkest Corner, but not the second one - maybe I should just skip straight over!

ElectricSoftParade Sat 09-Mar-13 06:44:11

I know I have read the second one but I can't remember it blush. I did like Human Remains though.

Cantdothisagain Fri 08-Mar-13 21:47:21

Agree totally BOF - the second book was a huge letdown,and I had loved the first,so felt cheated.

BOF Fri 08-Mar-13 21:21:33

The second one really annoyed me too- sleazy, with nothing redeeming about the characters, and crammed with lots of rather pointless research about pole dancing moves and river barge engineering.

Cantdothisagain Fri 08-Mar-13 21:10:15

I'm in the middle of it- not gripped as I was with her first, nor annoyed as I was with her second - am on the fence as I'm enjoying it while I read it, but not seeking it out compulsively, if you see what I mean....

ElectricSoftParade Fri 08-Mar-13 20:12:19

If anyone fancies coming back once you've read it, I would love to chat.

Hope you all enjoy it.

BOF Fri 08-Mar-13 20:11:04

I enjoyed her first book, but was very disappointed by her second, Revenge Of The Tide. I'm going to give this a go now though, and hope she's back on form.

aprilbabe Fri 08-Mar-13 19:05:20

Thanks - just downloaded. I thought her first book 'Into the darkest corner' was great...hope this is just as good!

Dunlurking Fri 08-Mar-13 16:49:48

Downloaded thanksThanks for posting. I loved her last 2 and have been watching the kindle price since this one came out.

ElectricSoftParade Fri 08-Mar-13 16:16:50

I really enjoyed this book but found it very sad. Bit haunting. Hope you get a chance to read it soon, I do understand the unread books problem!

BabeRuthless Fri 08-Mar-13 16:13:06

Not only does that rhyme but the kindle version is only £1.59 at the moment. Have just downloaded for possible weekend reading <weeps at amount of unread books on kindle>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now