Anyone read Christopher Brookmyre's Bedlam?

(5 Posts)
BreconBeBuggered Italy Mon 04-Mar-13 11:48:08

I love a good Brookmyre binge every couple of years, and it's always great to add a new title. But this one's all about computer games, and it's a bit sci-fi, isn't it? Didn't go a massive bundle on Pandaemonium. On the other hand, none of his stuff comes under the genres I usually read. I absolutely loathe computer games, yet A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away is pretty game-ish and that's one of my all-time favourites.
I'm out in the sticks and have no idea when I'll next be near a book shop to have a look at the new title myself. Somebody please tell me if I'll like it.

CrystalQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 19:08:08

I'm listening to the audiobook - I have to say I'm not the impressed. Have you seen the film Tron? It's a bit like that. Nowhere near as good as his early stuff.

BreconBeBuggered Italy Mon 04-Mar-13 23:08:49

The very notion of that film sends me running in the opposite direction. Ah, bollocks. Maybe I'll get it from the library and read selected suitable highlights.

BabsAndTheRu Mon 04-Mar-13 23:16:35

Love Christopher Brookmyer, but not to keen on this one for the same reasons. Will be watching this thread to see if any good.

BOF Tue 05-Mar-13 22:32:48

Me too. I've adored all of his, but I just couldn't crack Pandaemonium, and abandoned it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now