War Crimes For The Home

(11 Posts)
BOF Fri 01-Mar-13 23:59:28

Ive just finished this in one sitting- I think it was a Daily Deal last week. Really enjoyed it. A woman's harsh experience of WW2, which she has struggled to repress, but is dragged out of her as she nears the end of her life. Secrets and lies. Compelling and full of black humour.

elkiedee Mon 04-Mar-13 14:42:14

Liz Jensen has another book on Kindle Daily Deal today! - The Ninth Life of Louis Drax.

I bought War Crimes for the Home in paperback as I just loved the title, years ago - must get round to reading it.

BOF Mon 04-Mar-13 16:22:02

Oh, that's great! Thanks for the tip, I handy noticed it was on offer today.

I really enjoyed it but I LOVED The Ninth Life Of Louis Drax. 'My Dirty Little Book Of Stolen Time' is fun too.

BOF Tue 05-Mar-13 17:48:40

I think I'll try it next. I am still coming down from reading The Lessons by Naomi Alderman today.

BabeRuthless Tue 05-Mar-13 22:09:51

BOF - The Lessons has been on my wish list for ages. Is it worth getting? My main reservation is that I won't like any of the characters.

BOF Tue 05-Mar-13 22:26:01

Oh, it is GREAT, I really loved it. I tweeted the author today after I had finished, and she wrote to her followers: "Listen. In 6+ years of tweeting I have never RTed a person tweeting praise of any of my novels but I have to do it now. Just once. Sorry."

Then she retweeted my comment "I trod in dogshit reading The Lessons because I had to keep reading it even outside. So thanks for that."

I was ridiculously chuffed.

BOF Wed 06-Mar-13 08:13:34

I finished Louis Drax last night- also excellent. Not sure what to try next, but perhaps I should try some housework grin.

BOF - Have you read any Douglas Coupland? If you like LJ, he might well do it for you too!

BOF Wed 06-Mar-13 22:25:41

I will look him up, thank you. I'm going to try a few I've already stockpiled on my kindle- I started Capital this evening, which is 20p at the moment, and is shaping up well so far.

BabeRuthless Thu 07-Mar-13 16:21:27

Going to treat myself to Lesson if its that good! Authors on twitter always seem really up for interacting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now