Any Robin Hobb fans about? (has spoilers)

(12 Posts)
PervyMuskrat Sat 16-Mar-13 19:16:38

Ooh, I'm sat here waiting for DS to go to bed so that I can open Blood of Dragons, which arrived today. I like the easy reading of the dragons series but I don't think they're as engaging as the Farseer ones.

saintmerryweather Sun 10-Mar-13 16:13:36

The only problem with the inheritance book is that there are only a couple of hobb stories in it and i dont like the way she writes as lindholm

WoTmania Sat 09-Mar-13 13:58:56

I loved them and her short stories are good too (Inheritance?). Soldiers son trilogy I read hte first one and really struggled to finish which is unlike me andI haven't bothered with the other.
Would also like some elderling action and the also a prequel involving the six duchies maybe. I'd like to learn more about Chade for example and the other kings who used the Skill.

JollyYellowGiant Fri 08-Mar-13 18:20:12

Wrote a long post and lost it.

If you are looking for other series to read, Alison Croggan's Pellinor is good and Trudi Canavan's Priestess of the White trilogy.

I hated Soldier Son, loved Farseers, quite liked Liveships and thought the others were okay.

TheSeniorWrangler Fri 08-Mar-13 18:14:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saintmerryweather Thu 28-Feb-13 07:41:40

yeah... ive read all her books and if there are any to steer clear of its them. i reckon the liveship books are the best ones

I've heard lots of people say that about the soldier son trilogy saintmerryweather.

saintmerryweather Thu 28-Feb-13 07:35:12

im kind of over fitz now hes quite irritating with his pigheaded ignorance, always trying to organise other peoples lives for them and getfing annoyed when it doesnt work. i would like to read a series about the original elderlings, i hate that all we get is little bits here and there!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Thu 28-Feb-13 07:22:54

I've just finished the Tawny Man trilogy. LOVED them. But haven't really got into any of the other trilogies. Hope she does do another series about them.

saintmerryweather Thu 28-Feb-13 06:55:58

i love her early books bjt i dont know whether im going off her or whether shes churning out books for the sake of it now but i dont enjoy them as much now. soldier son trilogy was not good at all and her latest about the dragons, well i was left feeling short changed when she split that last one into 2 books of 400 pages each. since all her other books are whoppers i think that was a money making exercise. i also reread the golden fool book on my kindle and nothing happened except talking for the first 35%!

Kooza Wed 27-Feb-13 17:21:50

I read those! Loved them too!
I'm now on the Rain Wild Chronicles series which are also amazing. I LOVE it when you have a good book to settle down with!

I'm just coming to the end of The Golden Fool (the second of the Tawny Man trilogy). I love, love, love these books, I haven't been so engrossed for a long time. I'm also completely obsessed with the relationship between Fitz and the Fool. Oh god I love the Fool. My heart aches for him, I so want a happy ending sad.

Apparently she's working on another series focusing on these two again. Surely she knows they have to be together?! <sob>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now